Non-resident process
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Non-resident process

Non-resident process

Hey guys,

Do you need a CCW permit from another state in order to get a non-resident permit in Florida?

I have a Class B LTC in Massachusetts which does not allow me to carry. If I were to apply for a non-resident permit in Florida would they deny me because of that? I am not sure of the process in Florida, and to be honest I did not really read through the Florida forum (sorry if this is a repeat issue).

Can you guys offer any advice? Thanks and have an awesome day!

Thanks,
    Capo
    "Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum"

You don't really need to have a license to get a Florida permit, you just need your NRA certificate or other proof of taking a safety course

just apply from the Florida site and your permit will be in your hands in a few weeks.

What town issued you the Class B?
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

Actually, the only states I'm aware of that require a nonresident to have a permit from some other state are New Hampshire and Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by Teufel View Post
    What town issued you the Class B?
    Danvers gave me the Class B LTC

I am going to apply for the Florida Non-Res permit. I just got all the paper work in the mail so I will fill that out and send it out. I have taken a pistol class here in Massachusetts, as well as a hunter safety course. These will be sufficient right?

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Danvers gave me the Class B LTC

I am going to apply for the Florida Non-Res permit. I just got all the paper work in the mail so I will fill that out and send it out. I have taken a pistol class here in Massachusetts, as well as a hunter safety course. These will be sufficient right?
    They should.

Just as long as you know it won't be worth jack in MA.
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

Quote Originally Posted by Teufel View Post
    They should.

Just as long as you know it won't be worth jack in MA.
    Oh I am aware of this. I just want to be able to actually carry when I go to Florida. I travel there alot actually.

I was just nervous because I didn't want to be denied there. How long is a non-res good for there?

Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Oh I am aware of this. I just want to be able to actually carry when I go to Florida. I travel there alot actually.

I was just nervous because I didn't want to be denied there. How long is a non-res good for there?
    Florida valid for 7 years
    fee $117

Quote Originally Posted by LeavingMass View Post
    Florida valid for 7 years
    fee $117
    This is non-resident permit?

11. Quote Originally Posted by capo2186 View Post
    Hey guys,

Do you need a CCW permit from another state in order to get a non-resident permit in Florida?

I have a Class B LTC in Massachusetts which does not allow me to carry. If I were to apply for a non-resident permit in Florida would they deny me because of that? I am not sure of the process in Florida, and to be honest I did not really read through the Florida forum (sorry if this is a repeat issue).

Can you guys offer any advice? Thanks and have an awesome day!

Thanks,
    Capo
    No.

A copy of your CCW instruction certificate will work. I had nonresident Nevada and Utah permits before I applied for the Florida CWP. I could have used the CCW instruction certificiate, but I decided to use my Hunter Safety Certificate, which I found buried in a drawer. It was faded, but I was able to make a decent copy. It was dated 1978. I can't believe it has been 30 years. Needless to say, it worked.
    "What country can preserve it's liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance. Let them take arms."

-Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, Dec. 20, 1787

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast