Pointless No Gun Signs - Can You Carry In Florida Airports? - Page 5
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Pointless No Gun Signs - Can You Carry In Florida Airports?

Quote Originally Posted by 45fella View Post
    You failed to see my point. A uniformed cop carrying a gun BEYOND the security check-points is a target for a would-be terrorist, for easily getting a gun onto a fully loaded plane.

My point is: Why do they allow it...because it is very stupid to allow that.
    And civilian airport employees cannot accomplish the same thing of smuggling in firearms? Remember we do have the issue of firearms being stolen from luggage.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

3. Quote Originally Posted by netentity View Post
    And civilian airport employees cannot accomplish the same thing of smuggling in firearms? Remember we do have the issue of firearms being stolen from luggage.
    Thats true, but its pretty remote that someone these days will slip by backround checks to be able to work around an aircraft or in the terminal/gate areas, plus they all go through metal detecotrs before they start their shifts and/or enter a sterile area.

If I chose to, right now, TODAY, to go to Ft. Lauderdale Int'l Airport, buy a ticket and walk through security to the gates......and then sit and wait for a cop to walk by....I could knock him out cold easily, take his weapon and run onto any plane that is in the boarding stages.

Piece of cake.

See the point I'm making now. Why make it easy as pie to get a gun on a plane? Noone has to go through metal detectors with a gun, noone has to go through backround checks, interviews and training for weeks just to get on the job at the airport, noone has to risk opening up luggage and having someone see you, etc... etc... etc....

Terrorists and crazy ******** like the easy way.

4. Quote Originally Posted by 45fella View Post
    Thats true, but its pretty remote that someone these days will slip by backround checks to be able to work around an aircraft or in the terminal/gate areas, plus they all go through metal detecotrs before they start their shifts and/or enter a sterile area.

If I chose to, right now, TODAY, to go to Ft. Lauderdale Int'l Airport, buy a ticket and walk through security to the gates......and then sit and wait for a cop to walk by....I could knock him out cold easily, take his weapon and run onto any plane that is in the boarding stages.

Piece of cake.

See the point I'm making now. Why make it easy as pie to get a gun on a plane? Noone has to go through metal detectors with a gun, noone has to go through backround checks, interviews and training for weeks just to get on the job at the airport, noone has to risk opening up luggage and having someone see you, etc... etc... etc....

Terrorists and crazy ******** like the easy way.
    I wouldn't bet it would be as easy as you think. There are multiple logistics to figure out (i.e. where to perform the attack so that no one see you, what to do with the body, etc.). And while we could debate the merits of brain power in police officers, the thought occurs to me that you would need to find a pattern in a person's behavior to take advantage of. I just don't think it would be that easy.

5. Quote Originally Posted by magicman007 View Post
    I wouldn't bet it would be as easy as you think. There are multiple logistics to figure out (i.e. where to perform the attack so that no one see you, what to do with the body, etc.). And while we could debate the merits of brain power in police officers, the thought occurs to me that you would need to find a pattern in a person's behavior to take advantage of. I just don't think it would be that easy.
    Well, the person that takes your boarding pass is about 20 feet from the center walkway where everyone walks to get to their gates. Cops walk by there all day long just strolling around like everythings cool. You knock them out, which is quite easy, LEAVE THE BODY THERE. Then you run 20 feet with a gun in your hand as people part like Moses with the Red Sea, run down the jetway and onto the plane. You will be in the cockpit 15 seconds after you knocked the cop out.

Done. And you can bet if terrorists were to plan something like that, they would make sure they did it with 2-3 cops so they had more than one gun.

Don't think for a second that terrorists haven't thought of exactly this already. If they can knock the Twin Towers down with utter ease, this plan has already crossed their minds.

6. Either way, the conversation has gotten off track. The origianl point was concealled carry into the airport. What's the word from FDLE?

7. Quote Originally Posted by magicman007 View Post
    Either way, the conversation has gotten off track. The origianl point was concealled carry into the airport. What's the word from FDLE?

Still wiating on a reply.

8. Question

Quote Originally Posted by 45fella View Post
    Still wiating on a reply.
    It's been a while, so I thought I'd stop by and ask, any word from FDLE?

Federal law allows you carry an unloaded weapon inside a locked container that is checked as baggage. You cannot carry it on board. It must be checked as baggage. And it must be declared to the ticket counter.

10. Quote Originally Posted by SLYAKINS View Post
    Federal law allows you carry an unloaded weapon inside a locked container that is checked as baggage. You cannot carry it on board. It must be checked as baggage. And it must be declared to the ticket counter.
    That part we all agree on. However, 45fella believes Florida State Statute allows you to carry a loaded and conceled weapon into the terminal. He has written FDLE in an attempt to get their interpretation and I was asking about that. I'm hoping they will have already answered him.

I can tell you this much. Outside of the areas covered under Federal authority at least in Palm Beach County, airports are policed by the County Sheriff's office. At PBIA, I spoke to the Captain in charge of the detail and was assured that any person, with or without a vailid Concealed Weapons License, and without valid Law Enforcement credentials found to be in posession of any firearm loaded or unloaded not encased for transport and in the process of being claimed for transport on any premise of the airport terminal beyond the curb would be properly gifted with a pair of shiney new bracelets, an all expense paid vacation at the lovely Palm Beach County specialty hotel next door, and a guest appearance in the dynamic new game show Court Life, meet the judge.

Carry ANYWHERE in a terminal of an airport in Florida is illegal period!

You may argue your point in the game show but you will not win on the airport floor.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast