Florida CWL law question.............. - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Florida CWL law question..............

Quote Originally Posted by wolfhunter View Post
    I don't remember which forum I saw it on, but having a recorder in your vehicle is a good idea. For police stops, accident cases, road rage, lots of reasons.
    Like this?
    YouTube - Cop gone wild- Lying and making threats just part of his job

America's Finest!
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

3. Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    In Arizona, you are requiired to inform any police officer you have contact with that you are armed and have a permit. I know when I pulled a car over, I was going through a mental checklist to make sure I did and said everytihng just so. The last thing I wanted was to hear some brain-dead guy blurt, "I have a gun." When I had left the department and had a CCW permit, I always dreaded telling officers I was legally armed, as their reactions ran the gamut of me seeing the business end of their weapon to, "Let's see your permit." Usually, they asked where the gun was located, then told you not to move as they took the gun off of you and tucked it in their duty belt until they ran an NCIS/ACIS check on it, then before ending the contact, they would unload the weapon and hand you the weapon and ammo and tell you you could leave now.
    The more I think about it I probably won't tell cops I have a gun on me, for just a traffic stop. If they ask me to get out of the car for some reason, then I will. My license is all I need to prove I'm allowed to have a gun on me, I really don't want to go through those unnecassary checks.

wolfhunter Guest
    One good use.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    I saw that awhile ago. And people wonder why some cops get shot at.

OK, if the cop does take your gun and put it in his paints. What happens if it goes off and he shoots him self with your gun? It's a long shot BUT don't give me some crap that would never happen.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

LOL, nice video. But what the hell was with the clicking man i almost had to turn the sound off lol. With some police the Badge goes to there head and they think they can do what ever they want. I would like to know what happened to this officer.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!

8. Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    LOL, nice video. But what the hell was with the clicking man i almost had to turn the sound off lol. With some police the Badge goes to there head and they think they can do what ever they want. I would like to know what happened to this officer.
    Sounds like a radar detector picking up a weak signal.

Quote Originally Posted by S&WM&P40 View Post
    OK, if the cop does take your gun and put it in his paints. What happens if it goes off and he shoots him self with your gun? It's a long shot BUT don't give me some crap that would never happen.

Even more importantly, since he used your handgun without permission--can you sue for damages because he didn't pay you for the circumcision / vasectomy / sex change?
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

The area of Florida that I live in is pretty gun-friendly.

I've been stopped before while carrying. I always do it "by the book" - turn off the car, put the keys on the dash, put one hand out the window, turn the dome light on if at night, and hand them my DL, registration, proof of insurance and CWP all together. I have never gotten a crazy or even slightly threatening officer. They always ask where the firearm(s) are located, and that's that.

Openness is best. More than likely they'll ask, and there's no reason to give them something to get annoyed about. The chance of running into the cop who confiscates your weapon and never gives it back is far less than running into the cop who thinks you should have told him you had one to begin with.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

45Fella, most of the officers in Florida wont give you a hard time if you hand your licence with your drivers licence and insurance papers. Actually I think when they run your plate , I would think if you have a CWL it will show up ahead of time. Just dont make the Officer feel uncomfortable.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast