Florida ccw proof of proficiency
Results 1 to 10 of 10

Thread: Florida ccw proof of proficiency

  1. Florida ccw proof of proficiency

    I am a retired deputy sheriff from NY and live in Brevard County Florida. I have qualified with BCSO for the last 4 years in a row so that I can carry under HR 218. I would also like to get a regular Florida ccw. Does anyone know for sure if I can use the firearms proficiency verification cards from BCSO or my firearms training records from NY as proof of proficiency? I have not been able to get an answer from anyone the State of Florida. I can't believe with the training going I already have that I might have to go sit through the silly firearms course.

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    TN
    Posts
    4,255
    From Acceptable Training Documentation:

    • Any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission or a similar agency in another state;
    • Any National Rifle Association firearms safety or training course;
    • Any firearm safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency, junior college, college, or private or public institution or organization or firearms training school, utilizing instructors certified by the National Rifle Association, the Criminal Justice Standards and Training Commission, or the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services;
    • Any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies, or any division or subdivision of law enforcement or security enforcement;
    • Any firearms training or safety course or class conducted by a state-certified instructor or by an instructor certified by the National Rifle Association.
    Apply, submit your documentation, wait and find out.

    PS: I do not live in Florida. I do not have a Florida permit. I am not a LEO. I am not a lawyer.

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Formerly Western Southern-tier of NYS (now way down South of NYS !)
    Posts
    167
    Quote Originally Posted by 38P6 View Post
    I am a retired deputy sheriff from NY and live in Brevard County Florida. I have qualified with BCSO for the last 4 years in a row so that I can carry under HR 218. I would also like to get a regular Florida ccw. Does anyone know for sure if I can use the firearms proficiency verification cards from BCSO or my firearms training records from NY as proof of proficiency? I have not been able to get an answer from anyone the State of Florida. I can't believe with the training going I already have that I might have to go sit through the silly firearms course.
    .

    From the Florida Dept. of Agriculture ===> Link to "Acceptable Training Documentation" :

    Acceptable Training Documentation / Concealed Weapon License / Licensing / Divisions & Offices / Home - Florida Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services
    “The American people will never knowingly adopt socialism, but under the name of liberalism they will adopt every fragment of the socialist program until one day America will be a socialist nation without ever knowing how it happened.”

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Tallahassee Florida
    Posts
    1,877
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Orange View Post

    Short answer - YES

    *Any firearm safety or training course or class available to the general public offered by a law enforcement agency.......*

    "It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

  6. #5
    We recently moved to Florida. When I applied for a Concealed Weapon License, I presented my retired police identification; my most recent LEOSA qualification; my Washington State concealed handgun permit; and my NRA certifications, including Certified Pistol Instructor and Range Safety Officer. They disregarded or didn’t care about any of those credentials. Instead, the clerk looked at my new Florida Driver License and noticed the “V” on it. “Oh, you’re a veteran,” she said. “That’s good enough.” You should be fine.

  7. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by MPDCLTRET View Post
    We recently moved to Florida. When I applied for a Concealed Weapon License, I presented my retired police identification; my most recent LEOSA qualification; my Washington State concealed handgun permit; and my NRA certifications, including Certified Pistol Instructor and Range Safety Officer. They disregarded or didn’t care about any of those credentials. Instead, the clerk looked at my new Florida Driver License and noticed the “V” on it. “Oh, you’re a veteran,” she said. “That’s good enough.” You should be fine.
    The law is such a ******* joke. My weed dealer is a 5-time undocumented fellon and has carry permits in 6 states.

  8. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    The law is such a ******* joke. My weed dealer is a 5-time undocumented fellon and has carry permits in 6 states.
    I call BS any body need Wader's to get thru the sewage?
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

  9. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
    I call BS any body need Wader's to get thru the sewage?
    You have so much faith in the systom.

  10. Shouldn't be a problem. Just turn in copies of proficiency with your CCW application.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Using Tapatalk

  11. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Blueshell View Post
    You have so much faith in the systom.
    No I do not.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast