Anyone Else Have A Problem With Local Gun Ranges..... - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Else Have A Problem With Local Gun Ranges.....

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
    Not allowing you to bring in your own ammo?? It seems that for "Insurance" reasons as Im being told we are not permitted to bring in outside ammo in Palm Beach County!! Ive gone up north to Marion county and had no problem at all with this!! Anyone else??
    Wouldn't surprise me...then again, it could just be another ploy to get you to buy your ammo there. Ours has a "notice" at every station to support your local gun range by buying your ammo from them, rather than Walmart.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

The range where I qualify requires that lead free ammo be used. Other than that, none of the ranges I've been to in Kalifornia have required me to use their ammo unless I was using one of their guns.
    Maybejim

Life Member NRA
    Life Member CRPA
    Life Member SASS

What you say isn't as important as what the other person hears

I realize that I may be ruffling a few feathers here, but if I were a range owner, I wouldn't allow reloads. As range owner/operator, I have no way of knowing whether the person reloading their own rounds knows what they're doing, and I don't want anyone getting hurt at my range with reloaded ammo.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

wolfhunter Guest
    Tatted, you better not allow them to have firearms at your range either. To paraphrase you, "As range owner/operator, I have no way of knowing whether the person shooting knows what they're doing, and I don't want anyone getting hurt at my range."

There was a range owner near here that tried telling people they couldn't use WWB. According to him, it voids manufacturer warranties. Wonder why he nolonger owns/operates that range?

While we are on the "range" subject, can I get some names of any In door OR Out door ranges in the Daytona (beach) area. I'll be out there near the end of Feb. and while the Wifey is out at Mickey Mouse World with one of the Rugrats, I would MAYBE like to go shoot with my Son IF it is in the itinerary for that week.
    thnx
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Nevermind, found them here on this forum!
    (All the above are MY opinions/suggestions ONLY....AND, I like to bust ball's, it's called having a sense of humor. In other words, no intent to offend anyone, so get over it)

Palm Bea county ranges

Quote Originally Posted by J.T. View Post
    Not allowing you to bring in your own ammo?? It seems that for "Insurance" reasons as Im being told we are not permitted to bring in outside ammo in Palm Beach County!! Ive gone up north to Marion county and had no problem at all with this!! Anyone else??
    I use to use P.B.C indoor pistol ranges. I am boycotting them for not allowing me to use my own ammo. I shoot in Martin county were it is no problem. The only reason they are requiring the use of there ammo is so they can mark it up. The insurance excuse is b.s. I think they are going to open a new range at 20 mile bend next to the P.B C Sheriff range for civilians. With it being an outdoor range run by the county they should not have the same price gouging policy. By the way I do not mean that I use reloads when I said my own ammo. Stay safe.

JT, talking about usurious ammo prices at Grator guns eh? The place to stay away from in PBC.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." T. Jefferson

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12