Time to buy another gun! - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to buy another gun!

1. I also own 2 keltecs ,service is slower now than when I started with them. They only had one gun offered then. Still good people to work with. They have sent me new parts when the old ones broke no cost.

Quote Originally Posted by JC40 View Post
    I am curious as to what the price was.
    $440. I have called around and that is still the best price. I am going to go to a show on the 17th and I will check some prices there. If they are cheeper I will come home with one. (Much cheeper) I like to buy local, that way when I need some help they know me. But if it a lot cheeper it will be back ground ck and come home with daddy.......:D
    When I retire I am going to move up North and drive slow!!

4. I have a habbit of going to all gun stores in my area to see what they have and to support them. Is the 440 for new Glock or what. I get my prices from http://www.gunsamerica.com// and go from there.

Jc40

Quote Originally Posted by sdf2000 View Post
    $440. I have called around and that is still the best price. I am going to go to a show on the 17th and I will check some prices there. If they are cheeper I will come home with one. (Much cheeper) I like to buy local, that way when I need some help they know me. But if it a lot cheeper it will be back ground ck and come home with daddy.......:D
    That`s not too bad.The MSRP is higher,so for a new gun,the price is reasonable.I agree with trying to buy local.That way you can establish a relationship with the one store and usually after you purchase a few handguns from them and they get to know you,that`s when they will usually give you better prices.Not always the case but stores that have been established for a while usually will.

Jc40

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    Taurus also has a lifetime warranty. Unfortunately I found this means it will take a lifetime for them to honor a warranty. :(
    I have also heard they were slow,but as long as they fix the gun the right way,i guess it`s worth the wait.I still have to send my PT-111 in for repair.

Cool Well I did it!

I just got back from the Lakeland show with a Ruger SR9. After carring my Bursa it is a lot different! I need the clean it and give it a test next week..

FYI!
    $425.

new gun

Quote Originally Posted by sdf2000 View Post
    I just got back from the Lakeland show with a Ruger SR9. After carring my Bursa it is a lot different! I need the clean it and give it a test next week..

FYI!
    $425.
    Awesome.Looks like you got a decent price on it too.Good luck with it and post a range report after you get too shoot it if you would.I am curious to hear how you like it.Enjoy!

Thumbs up

I could not stand it! I went to the rang and gave it a try! Shoots real nice, I put through 2 boxes of amo and not one jam. Shoots high to the left!! But so does my Bresa, MMM I wander if it could be me? :o When loading the mags it seems like it takes for ever. (17 & 1 ) Two loaded mags per round, it doesn't take long to go through a box.
    But so far I like it! It is hard to find a holster! I had heard that some of the glocks fit, so at the show I tried some. Sure enough Glock 17/22/31 holster fit! It is not a long term holster just a use till the holster makers catch up..

Glad to hear you are enjoying your new handgun.I`m sure that your groups will get better once you have shot the gun for a while and get used to it.

I've seen Bersa's .45 and it's smaller than my 9000s. It's pretty swee.t
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast