Time to buy another gun!
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: Time to buy another gun!

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    East coast of Florida
    Posts
    191

    Thumbs up Time to buy another gun!

    I think it is time to buy another carry gun. I have a Bersa Thunder 380. I love its size! And there is the problem. Everything I look at look to big or way to small. I would not want to go any smaller both in size or caliber.
    I have been looking at a Glock 17. It isnt for any more reason then they are very poplar and I hear a lot of talk about them.
    Help me out what should I look at??
    When I retire I am going to move up North and drive slow!!

  2.   
  3. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Odessa FL
    Posts
    77

    Why not

    another Bersa?

    I imagine by now you're pretty satisfied with your .380, and it's reliablity...

    Bersa makes some fine pistols in their UC series compact big bores....45 and 40SW, and also a 9m, which is a many-times-over proven good SD round.

    I've seen one of the .380's up close, and it's not that much smaller in stature than my T45UC... All of the UC's have the full ambi controls, and same factory lifetime warranty as your .380.

    flc

  4. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    East coast of Florida
    Posts
    191
    MMM No I am thinking a little bigger!! Not much, but just a little.;) I still want it to be concealable.
    When I retire I am going to move up North and drive slow!!

  5. I got my first tupperware gun for CC, a S&W M&P .40c. The slide is thick but not too bad. The gun as a whole feels like the compact that it is. I love the ergonomics of the grip. That's what swayed me away from the Glocks, the feel of the grip. The Smith fits my hand much better. The mags for the M&P's are expensive though. I paid $36 for the compact 10 rounders.

    My wife has a Bersa .380, we both love the little bugger. I sure is easier to carry IWB than the Smith but I like self defense rounds that start with a 4.

    Shabo
    Molon Labe/ Ron Paul prez '08

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    East coast of Florida
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by dbshabo View Post
    I got my first tupperware gun for CC, a S&W M&P .40c. The slide is thick but not too bad. The gun as a whole feels like the compact that it is. I love the ergonomics of the grip. That's what swayed me away from the Glocks, the feel of the grip. The Smith fits my hand much better. The mags for the M&P's are expensive though. I paid $36 for the compact 10 rounders.

    My wife has a Bersa .380, we both love the little bugger. I sure is easier to carry IWB than the Smith but I like self defense rounds that start with a 4.

    Shabo
    I must ask this!! :o What is a tupperware gun?
    When I retire I am going to move up North and drive slow!!

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Odessa FL
    Posts
    77
    I must ask this!! :o What is a tupperware gun?


    A term used to desribe polymer (plastic) construction.

    My Bersa has a 'tupperware' frame. I was am still am a little suspicious of it's overall strength compared to steel, but admit it sure makes the pistol a joy to carry for long hours. I won't however, 'overshoot' one that uses polymer...I can't help but believe that many rounds fired, especially in .45acp or something comparable, will cause an eventual breakdown, or at minimum cracks in the frame due to the rather substancial recoil factor.

    Mine was tried and tested, and is now strictly a carry piece...if I wanted a pistol to just shoot paper targets with, I would use a steel frame, and a longer barrel.

    flc

  8. #7
    I'm not sure what your price-range is, but I'd suggest looking at S&W 3913s, Sig P239s and 229s, Kahr T9 and P9, Kel-Tec P11, S&W M&P-9 Compact, CZ-75 Compact and 2075 Rami, Springfield XD Sub-Compact and Glock 19s, 23s, 26s and 27s... I'm sure there's more.

    Are you looking for any particular features?

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    East coast of Florida
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by molonlabetn View Post
    I'm not sure what your price-range is, but I'd suggest looking at S&W 3913s, Sig P239s and 229s, Kahr T9 and P9, Kel-Tec P11, S&W M&P-9 Compact, CZ-75 Compact and 2075 Rami, Springfield XD Sub-Compact and Glock 19s, 23s, 26s and 27s... I'm sure there's more.

    Are you looking for any particular features?
    I like to size of my Bersa & I like to range ammo cost. I I am not sure which way to go. If it will be anything like the Bersa as soon as I hold it I will know!
    When I retire I am going to move up North and drive slow!!

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Florida,Port Richey
    Posts
    212

    Jc40

    Quote Originally Posted by sdf2000 View Post
    I like to size of my Bersa & I like to range ammo cost. I I am not sure which way to go. If it will be anything like the Bersa as soon as I hold it I will know!
    If you like your bersa that much,you should really check out the UC versions like flcracker suggested.I have a mini firestorn 40 cal and it is an awesome gun.It`s not much different in size than your 380 and it is very concealable.Do yourself the favor and check them out along with others and go from there.It never hurts to look.Good luck in your quest.:)

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    East coast of Florida
    Posts
    191
    I am going to the show in Lakeland in two weeks so I will be looking up all of your ideas! What I do is get online and look up prices and get an idea of cost and then when I am at a show I have a chance!!!:D
    When I retire I am going to move up North and drive slow!!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast