Florida picnic & get to gether - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Florida picnic & get to gether

Yep, going home to pack up the arsenal tonight.

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Talking Change in hat....

No SR9 hat!! I have a wife so all you married guys know!!!!'' I will be there on the porch, You will find me I am sure!!
    When I retire I am going to move up North and drive slow!!

Just got back from Walmart to get a few cleaning supplies and they had a decent amount of 223 and .40 S&W so I picked up a 100 box of 223 and 200 40S&W.

This girl behind me was checking out with some targets and asked me where she could get some .380. My first thought was in my pocket (I had my Ruger LCP .380 in my pocket). But I told her it was pretty hard to find and we had to order some from the internet.
    Last edited by lukem; 11-13-2009 at 07:20 PM.

Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    This girl behind me was checking out with some targets and asked me where she could get some .380. My first thought was in my pocket (I had my Ruger LCP .380 in my pocket). But I told her it was pretty hard to find and we had to order some from the internet.
    Actually Bill Jackson's has pretty consistently had them in stock (two box limit). Target Loads $25/box
    but they have them.. They also had JHP's when I went last week..
    Trying to get enough brass together to be able to do a run of reloads...

See you tomorrow!!!
    My wife will probably wear her blue NRA hat.. I'll probably be wearing a Biker hat..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I will be there around 9.00 or 930, See you folks then...Look forward to meeting some new friends...

Thanks for the heads up about Bill Jacksons.

6 pistols, M4, and Mossberg are all packed up and ready to head out in the morning. See ya there tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by lukem View Post
    Thanks for the heads up about Bill Jacksons.

6 pistols, M4, and Mossberg are all packed up and ready to head out in the morning. See ya there tomorrow.
    Guns loaded up and two Bows packed up..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

well nobody else has provided an update, so I'll get the updates started..
    We went to picnic yesterday which was at Tenoroc Shooting Sports & Training Range in Lakeland, Fl

we met up with all the other folks that attended.. We chatted and ate and got our picture taken (That will be posted later, I'm sure)

THANX Steven for setting this up!!
    AND thanx Lukem for showing up and letting us MEET THE MAN!!

This is a nice outdoor facility

It has a 7 & 25 yard Pistol range
    It has a 50 / 100 yard Rifle range
    there is skeet or trap or both - I didn't visit this area
    It has an outdoor - in the woods - archery area.
    A gun shop that has targets and some bullets and some reloading supplies (lots of gun powder)
    They also had some free Pumpkin muffins!!! (Yummmmm)
    There is also some gooooood BBQ there done by an older gentleman cooking it up right there on the premises.

I don't know if it was because we were part of a group or not, (Steven can speak to this) but we (My wife and I) utilized the pistol, rifle and archery areas and it cost us $10 each - You can't beat that.. plus targets which we bought there.
    In addition I picked up more brass than we shot, so I got a good chunk of my $10 back in brass

Being a Saturday, it was busy, but there were usually lanes available.. I had to wait for a rifle lane for about 5 minutes.

The archery area is across the street and is an open wooded area with different target areas (lanes) set up.. There are some 3D animal around as well..

There is also great fishing in the area as it is a fishing preserve of something..

PM me if you are thinking about visiting the facility with any questions or to invite me to go!!!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

I'd like to thanks everyone who came out. I'd also like to thank sdf2000 for organizing it. Hopefully I can get some time for the next one and we can try to get a bigger turnout.

Hey, Lukem

It'd be kinda cool if you put some names to the faces in the photo (or did I miss 'em somewhere?), for the rest of us. If that would be OK with this crew...

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast