Ever Notice Drug Deals in Supermarket, Walmart Pkg Lots?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ever Notice Drug Deals in Supermarket, Walmart Pkg Lots?

Ever Notice Drug Deals in Supermarket, Walmart Pkg Lots?

I don't know about the rest of you, but my wife and I have been noticing with much more freqency, drug deals going down in broad daylight in the parking lots at the local supermarket as well as Walmart, etc. I started seeing it after I sat on a county grand jury for 3 months a little over a year ago. We heard more drug deals in those 3 months, and in most cases the UC LEO or detective conducted the deal or testified the deals happened in broad daylight at busy supermarket parking lots all over Cape Cod. I'm sure this has been going on for quite some time and now my eyes, as well as my wife's, are wide open to it. We have both called the police on at least 5 different occassions to report what we are seeing. It's SO OBVIOUS!

I just read an article about the Nationwide "La Familia" MExican Cartel bust the authorities pulled off the other day and in the article they mentioned the fact that Law Enforcement had watched many of these drug deals go down in mall, supermarket parking lots in MA, NC, OK, AL and all over the country!

Make sure you all are keen on this and don't be afraid to pick up the cell phone and call police to tell them what you're witnessing, if you happen to suspect something.....be discreet of course! I'm sick of these miscreants polluting society and our children. There's so much more crime associated with the baggage that drugs / druggies carry. As responsible citizens, we need to work together to take a bite out of crime!

3. Good info. Thanks for sharing.

Never occured to me......hmmm, I might keep on the lookout. I'm sure a deal or two has gone down in a Memphis parking lot.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Yeah, they're obvious if you just look. But, what are you going to do about it?

Do you want to become a professional witness calling the cops every time you see it, maybe photographing or videotaping it, and then wait for the authorities to show up and arrest? Then, you're on the line for months before they finally decide whether to go to court or not so you can be a witness?

Or, just use it to identify the 'problem people' in an area and go on about your business?

It's illegal, but do you want to spend your time and perhaps safety to get involved?
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Quote Originally Posted by NDS View Post
    Yeah, they're obvious if you just look. But, what are you going to do about it?

Do you want to become a professional witness calling the cops every time you see it, maybe photographing or videotaping it, and then wait for the authorities to show up and arrest? Then, you're on the line for months before they finally decide whether to go to court or not so you can be a witness?

Or, just use it to identify the 'problem people' in an area and go on about your business?

It's illegal, but do you want to spend your time and perhaps safety to get involved?
    I don't me to offend; but it's this type of attitude that has allowed criminals to become so embolden. I believe if more people would pick up their phone and complain, our streets would be safer.

I've called law enforcement about such activities; and on suspected DUI and Road rage suspects as well. I never once have had to go to court; nor regretted my decision for any reason. I've never even had to give my name.

The way I look at is this: "If my family is going to be going "anywhere", it is my responsibility to keep them safe as possible." Sometimes calling and complaining about suspected illegal actvity is the right thing to do.

One of the biggest reasons for the rise in crime is civilians aren't willing to get involved. Most LEO departments appreciate it when the citizens take a role in reporting criminal activity.

good call. never really looked for it. I'll be keeping my eyes open more.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tcox4freedom View Post
    I don't me to offend; but it's this type of attitude that has allowed criminals to become so embolden. I believe if more people would pick up their phone and complain, our streets would be safer.
    I agree, and in my residential neighborhood I would be willing to invest my time and fill out a complaint, agree to be a witness, etc. Oh, wait, I'm not just willing; I have done that and have appeared as a witness...
    I've called law enforcement about such activities; and on suspected DUI and Road rage suspects as well. I never once have had to go to court; nor regretted my decision for any reason. I've never even had to give my name.
    Then I must wonder if they only took your information to placate you. Did you see any evidence that they acted on your call?
    The way I look at is this: "If my family is going to be going "anywhere", it is my responsibility to keep them safe as possible." Sometimes calling and complaining about suspected illegal actvity is the right thing to do.
    Which is why I carry, to protect my family and myself. It may be right, but I believe it's a waste of time unless you're willing to invest your time in following through.
    One of the biggest reasons for the rise in crime is civilians aren't willing to get involved. Most LEO departments appreciate it when the citizens take a role in reporting criminal activity.
    One of the biggest reasons for the rise in crime is the government constantly meddling in everybody's life and adding unenforceable (at time uncomprehensible) laws to the books. If the government would act Constitutionally, many of our 'government invented problems' would evaporate.

Before you go off on me condoning crime, I don't see the value in spending a fortune to stop people from self-destructive behavior. If we would limit our crime-fighting resources to acting against behaviors that damage others and allow people to harm or even destroy themselves we'd all be better off.

ETA: Someone will probably ask for clarification so I'll clarify now. Yes, I'd legalize all drugs and let people enjoy their addictions all the way to the graveyard. It's okay with me if prostitution or (insert you particular love to hate behavior if you so wish) ___ were legalized as well. Oh wait, I live in a state where prostitution is already legal; I don't know of anybody among my acquaintances who has spent their families rent money (or indeed any money) on prostitutes.

If your objection to my stand is because I'd 'legalize sin' -- tough, your superstitions aren't my concern.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Thumbs up Hear hear, NDS!

Whatever happened to being free?

I don't give a flip what people do with themselves as long as they are doing it to themselves or to another consensual adult.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government." Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Boomboy007 View Post
    Whatever happened to being free?

I don't give a flip what people do with themselves as long as they are doing it to themselves or to another consensual adult.
    Have to agree. I consider miself very aware of my surroundings and I have never seen anything that even resembles drug dealing let alone an actual deal. What about the people who we hate because of insane "MAN WITH A GUN" calls
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

Before you go off on me condoning crime, I don't see the value in spending a fortune to stop people from self-destructive behavior. If we would limit our crime-fighting resources to acting against behaviors that damage others and allow people to harm or even destroy themselves we'd all be better off.

Major problem with your argument is if we sanction drug use, then we must sanction the crime that follows with it. How the heck is the govt going to regulate the flow of drugs from the major drug cartels in Columbia and Mexico? Do you think for a minute these cartels will participate in NAFTA or even pretend to play by some govt's rules?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast