Can LEOs see permit status' on their computers? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can LEOs see permit status' on their computers?

Question CCW Status in central database

Quote Originally Posted by CA CCWInstructor View Post
    CCW info DOES come up in California, you just need to access it. For wants and warrants (28,29) you use the DMV database. If you log into the DOJ data base you first see a CI #. That means they have been finger printed. You click on that, it shows what for, CCW.
    So it shows that you were finger printed for a CCW.....does it show current approval status with the issuing agency? If the Sheriff of smokey hollow issues you a permit then revokes it 3 months later, is all of that on a database in Sacramento?
    To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will.
    Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by M50 Guy View Post
    So it shows that you were finger printed for a CCW.....does it show current approval status with the issuing agency? If the Sheriff of smokey hollow issues you a permit then revokes it 3 months later, is all of that on a database in Sacramento?
    It will show current and if revoked. All that information is in the DOJ database.
    "A kind word only goes so far, a kind word and a gun goes a lot further" 1924
    Be Safe, Be Confident, Get Trained! Copyrighted 1996
    [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by Unearthed View Post
    When an officer looks you up on his computer, does it tell him/her you have a CCW permit? I'm in CT if it makes any difference.

In Oregon and Washington- YES
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    In Texas if you are a CHL holder and have your weapon with you you are required to inform the officer when stopped that you have it. He will know soon enough because when he runs your driver's lic. it will come up.
    To expound on what HK4U said, the trainer in my CHL class told us when we get pulled over, have both your driver's liscence and your CHL ready for the LEO, even if that appens to be a particular day that you're not carrying. That way when they do run the check and it shows up, they don't think you're trying to hide something from them.

BTW, I've been pulled over twice since the issue of my CHL and both times, the city and the DPS officer let me go without issuing a ticket.
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

In NV

If you live in NV, yes, it does show up the moment a NV LEO runs your plate and you're a NV resident.

I do not know if there's a cross reference between license plates and recognized CCWs in NV (i.e. a Utah plate flags a possible UT CFP holder because the name of the register owner(s) of the vehicle registers a hit on the UT CFP database by name). It all depends on what NV LEOs can do with respect to searching recognized CCWs.

Florida has an online verification system as they made the NV recognition list the beginning of this year. It is possible for a Florida LEO to check your CCW status. It also depends on the nature of the reciprocity agreement or what access States grant through the nationwide law enforcement datacom network. If a State you have is on the NV recognition list, you can bet a LEO can find out your CCW status somehow.
    Know the law; don't ask, don't tell.
    NRA & UT Certified Instructor; CT, FL, NH, NV, OR, PA & UT CCW Holder
    Happy new 1984; 25 years behind schedule. Send lawyers, guns and money...the SHTF...

7. It does here in MO, at least here in the SW corner.
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

8. We have to tell in Ohio, and it comes up when the LEO calls it in. I was pulled over for a tail light, and when it cam back over the radio I herd my name and CCW after. I had already told the LEO I had a weapon on me. Was told to get the light fixed and sent on my way.

So in these states that have their CHL listed on the vehicle registration, what if it's your wife or kid or grandma driving your car? Lotta kids cars are registered to parents.
    "How a politician stands on the Second Amendment tells you how he or she views you as an individual... as a trustworthy and productive citizen, or as part of an unruly crowd that needs to be lorded, controlled, supervised, and taken care of." -- Rep. Suzanna Gratia Hupp (TX)

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Smokewagon View Post
    So in these states that have their CHL listed on the vehicle registration, what if it's your wife or kid or grandma driving your car? Lotta kids cars are registered to parents.
    In Washington and Oregon your CHL is attached in their records to your drivers license (Washington does not have a picture on its CHL for just that reason). Likewise your vehicle registration is linked to the licensed driver. All the officer knows until he/she walks up to the window of the car is the registered owner of the vehicle may have a CHL.

In Oregon and Washington you DO NOT have to reveal that you are a CHL holder nor do you have to alert them that you are packing- I did not say it was smart not to alert them, but you are not required to do so.
    MΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12