Mag. Release Problems....

Thread: Mag. Release Problems....

Mag. Release Problems....

I was wondering if anyone else out there in gun land has had or has this problem. I have a Springfield XD-40 that is only a few months old. I love the gun but it is really hard to release the magazine. If I ever need to do a quick reload I would be in BIG trouble! What is the best way to loosen this up so I can get a quick/smooth release? Thanks! Jazzman

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzman View Post
    I was wondering if anyone else out there in gun land has had or has this problem. I have a Springfield XD-40 that is only a few months old. I love the gun but it is really hard to release the magazine. If I ever need to do a quick reload I would be in BIG trouble! What is the best way to loosen this up so I can get a quick/smooth release? Thanks! Jazzman
    The "best" solution would be to buy a Glock. j/k Slap up on the bottom of the magazines to ensure that it's seated properly. This could be the problem. You could put a couple of tiny drops of Mil-Tec or other lubricant on the mag release both inside and out. Check to see that the mag catch on the magazine isn't dented or damaged.

If all else fails, take it to an authorized XD armorer for inspection and/or repair.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor