37 44.58%
  • Smithfield

5 6.02%
  • Taurus

17 20.48%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Will I be Denied my Carry permit

1. Thanks guys!!

First off you guys are awsome im new to this forum thing and im glad to finally have some people to talk to. All my friends seem to not care about guns and carry permits, i dont want to use the word sheep cause some of them are kinda wild but you get the picture...They are always like what are you doin buying all these guns, And im thinking what are you doin without one!!! But its not like they arent cool with it or anything they just dont care about it really. I mean everyone likes to shoot them but they dont understand that you have to get involved. For instance I decided to get a gun 3 months ago and now i have 3 and i have already quadruppled my knowledge of them just by reading everyday and talking to you guys.....

I guess what im trying to say is THANKS FOR BEING THERE
    Last edited by RyanDro45; 11-05-2009 at 09:14 PM. Reason: Grammer
    -----------------------------------
    ITS BETTER TO BE CAUGHT WITH IT<>THAN TO BE CAUGHT WITHOUT IT

Hey Ryan,

In most counties in Georgia, the GFL is issued by the Probate Court Judge after a records check done via the local Sheriff's Office. Go by and ask the Judge, he/she will probably be able to answer your question accurately. Go 'Dawgs.
    Elliot
    Proud Member of the Patriot Guard Riders...Support our Troops
    Retired LEO, HR 218 Qualified, Certified Firefighter

4. I served

No i served my sentence and everything like that my lawyer just worked out the deal to expunge it. Also i bought a background check on my self and ran every kind of check possible i even put in my old address in TN where the crime happend.....Absolutly nothing soo i guess im good to go... On a side note im pissed off with this hold ******** on buying guns they told me a week ago i could come get it today and i went in today and the guy at the gun store said he hadnt called the NICS line since this morning and "couldnt" call till around 4.. couldnt call my ass he just didnt feel like it. i know i wont be going back to this place, but they do have the best prices in town
    -----------------------------------
    ITS BETTER TO BE CAUGHT WITH IT<>THAN TO BE CAUGHT WITHOUT IT

5. I agree with ya. Just got a Kimber crimson pro carry 45 acp. Yes a bit spendy but worth every penny! And I like apple pie..

I would apply for the permit. If the charge was expunged as you say, it shouldn't show up, or cause you to be denied.
    When seconds count, the LEO's are only minutes away...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12