Taking my wife to the range. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taking my wife to the range.

.38 Special

Quote Originally Posted by mk70ss View Post
    My wife recently got her CCW permit and now she's trying to decide on a gun that will be HERS.

I got my wife a .38 Special with a 6in. barrel to hold down the kick. She seems to like it a lot. She also likes to shoot my S&W .22 Revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by NOBAMA View Post
    I got my wife a .38 Special with a 6in. barrel to hold down the kick. She seems to like it a lot. She also likes to shoot my S&W .22 Revolver.
    Is that just for shooting or will it be a carry piece? Reason I ask is that sounds a little long and heavy for concealed carry especially for a woman.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

You are indeed a lucky man, and your wife is a lucky woman.

I think the idea that we're responsible for our safety has really hit home with recent events in the media. By the time you call 911, and they arrive, the BGs are gone. She's still nervous but at least she wants to go shooting again. I hope to convince her to do the CWP class soon.

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    You are indeed a lucky man, and your wife is a lucky woman.
    I couldn't agree more. This is exciting news! I wish you and your wife the best of luck.
    I'm secure enough in my self-esteem that I know I cannot handle a 150-pound guy coming at me, but I can handle a firearm to keep that man away from me. -- Maria Heil

Thanks! I consider myself very lucky for sure!

It sorta happened the other way around in my case. Last year, with the upcoming elections and fear that Obama would be elected, and we would find ourselves in more need of self defense, she decided she wanted a carry permit and a gun.

I did not own a gun, nor did I share her concern or feel the need to get one. I didn't say much, at first. I wanted to make sure she was sure.

She persisted, and to show support, I started looking into it, too. I ended up getting us both a gun. We got professional training and put in some practice. We then obtained our licenses.

So, if it weren't for her interest in becoming armed, I wouldn't be a gun owner or a CHL carrier, or a forum participant.

I just posted these comments on another thread:

My life actually changed more when my wife began to CC.
    I'm not as concerned about her becoming a victim; especially when she is with our children. I'm much more at ease when she and the kids have gone somewhere without me.

Another BIG plus is the way it has significantly improved our relationship. Since she has been CC'ing, we have become a much, MUCH better team! ALL parts of our relationship have improved significantly. (25+ years & better than ever!)

I would strongly encourage every "Guy" out there with a significant other to get their wife/girfriend involved in the CC revolution. My wife did NOT like firearms until she to a CWP class. NOW she is an NRA RSO and takes as many advanced firearm defense classes as she can.

I'm a truly "Blessed" man!

That's great, tcox4freedom! My wife said today that she can't believe how much I've changed her feelings about guns. Now she feels like something is missing if I don't have a gun with me (which is never) but she's asking about it now. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by bbarton713 View Post
    That's great, tcox4freedom! My wife said today that she can't believe how much I've changed her feelings about guns. Now she feels like something is missing if I don't have a gun with me (which is never) but she's asking about it now. LOL

I'm secure enough in my self-esteem that I know I cannot handle a 150-pound guy coming at me, but I can handle a firearm to keep that man away from me. -- Maria Heil

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast