Taking my wife to the range. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Taking my wife to the range.

I've mentioned this previously...but...this is kinda interesting...My wife had NEVER fired a weapon of any kind in her life, didn't shoot with me, but DID agree to a Vegas vacation at Frontsight Resort. It's quite possible that she was daydreaming about a palm tree-lined resort with poolside service, and posh accomodations (don't know HOW she would have got that idea, maybe because I said "Resort", I don't know; why, all she had to do was go online to see the place, ummm..which, apparently she didn't do). So, here we are, first day of a 5-day handgun course, and she's grinning: "Some people sit on a beach during vacation with drinks with little umbrellas in 'em, but nooooo, not us, here we are in some freakin' bootcamp in the middle of the desert". She is a good sport. Long story short, she had a blast (literally), now knows how to handle a weapon (better than I could have ever taught her), AND has CCW permits. Never let it be said that I don't know how to show a woman a good time.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I've mentioned this previously...but...this is kinda interesting...My wife had NEVER fired a weapon of any kind in her life, didn't shoot with me, but DID agree to a Vegas vacation at Frontsight Resort. It's quite possible that she was daydreaming about a palm tree-lined resort with poolside service, and posh accomodations (don't know HOW she would have got that idea, maybe because I said "Resort", I don't know; why, all she had to do was go online to see the place, ummm..which, apparently she didn't do). So, here we are, first day of a 5-day handgun course, and she's grinning: "Some people sit on a beach during vacation with drinks with little umbrellas in 'em, but nooooo, not us, here we are in some freakin' bootcamp in the middle of the desert". She is a good sport. Long story short, she had a blast (literally), now knows how to handle a weapon (better than I could have ever taught her), AND has CCW permits. Never let it be said that I don't know how to show a woman a good time.
    After this "resort" you are intending to take her somewhere where she will be sitting on the beach with a drink, correct? ;) As far as CCW permits and handling weapons are concerned, it sounds like you two are having a great time!
    I'm secure enough in my self-esteem that I know I cannot handle a 150-pound guy coming at me, but I can handle a firearm to keep that man away from me. -- Maria Heil

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyDP View Post
    After this "resort" you are intending to take her somewhere where she will be sitting on the beach with a drink, correct? ;) As far as CCW permits and handling weapons are concerned, it sounds like you two are having a great time!
    Ahhh...I see that great minds think alike, yours and my wife's, that is! Actually, (I'm almost scared to admit this), I am taking her on a trip next month - back to Frontsight! Maybe I'll just put a little umbrella in the barrel of her (unloaded) gun and call it good. Think that'll fly?

I've posted to this effect on this site before. With a great gal who carries along with you, who needs a BUG!!!

I'm trying to get mine to take the class and get hers. She's been around them and is a good shot. She's even run a reload press before... Yea... I chose her for her looks and her cooking but kept her for the ammo!!!
    You can give peace a chance alright..

I'll seek cover in case it goes badly..

Ahhh...I see that great minds think alike, yours and my wife's, that is! Actually, (I'm almost scared to admit this), I am taking her on a trip next month - back to Frontsight! Maybe I'll just put a little umbrella in the barrel of her (unloaded) gun and call it good. Think that'll fly?
    Oh dear...good thing there are some women on this forum to supervise!
    Is she aware of this up-and-coming "trip"? Dare I even ask? Seeing as a drink with an umbrella obviously wouldn't suffice (guns and alcohol), may I suggest a leis?
    I'm secure enough in my self-esteem that I know I cannot handle a 150-pound guy coming at me, but I can handle a firearm to keep that man away from me. -- Maria Heil

Oh dear...good thing there are some women on this forum to supervise!
    Is she aware of this up-and-coming "trip"? Dare I even ask? Seeing as a drink with an umbrella obviously wouldn't suffice (guns and alcohol), may I suggest a leis?
    You're right, Gabby, we testosterone-laden Neanderthals need the calming influence and advice of the "fairer sex" (sexist pig, right? already admitted I was a Neanderthal). In fact, you and "Conservative Wife & Mom" and "Goodcleanfun" are the only women I know that are posting. I hope you continue to do so.

Yeah, she's aware of the trip. I did promise a little "pool-side" time in addition to boot-camp, so I think I'm safe. Hmmm...I like the idea of a leis. That could work....

You're right, Gabby, we testosterone-laden Neanderthals need the calming influence and advice of the "fairer sex" (sexist pig, right? already admitted I was a Neanderthal). In fact, you and "Conservative Wife & Mom" and "Goodcleanfun" are the only women I know that are posting. I hope you continue to do so.

Yeah, she's aware of the trip. I did promise a little "pool-side" time in addition to boot-camp, so I think I'm safe. Hmmm...I like the idea of a leis. That could work....
    You know me better than that to assume that my intentions were to offend you or any of the other "testosterone-laden" individuals I merely was showing some camaraderie with fellow females, it's important to stick up for one another you know

Ahh, I'm sure the "pool-side" addition to the trip is very appealing! I once had a leis mailed to me for my birthday from a good friend of mine who lives in Hawaii (ok, so his intentions proved to be testosterone-laden, no surprise there! Only teasing, he was a very nice individual) not only was it stunning--double orchid--but it also smelled wonderful, and lasted for about a week! Definitely a wonderful idea, at least in my opinion

You know me better than that to assume that my intentions were to offend you or any of the other "testosterone-laden" individuals I merely was showing some camaraderie with fellow females, it's important to stick up for one another you know

Ahh, I'm sure the "pool-side" addition to the trip is very appealing! I once had a leis mailed to me for my birthday from a good friend of mine who lives in Hawaii (ok, so his intentions proved to be testosterone-laden, no surprise there! Only teasing, he was a very nice individual) not only was it stunning--double orchid--but it also smelled wonderful, and lasted for about a week! Definitely a wonderful idea, at least in my opinion
    Ummm...double orchids??!!! I was thinking of one of those cheesy plastic jobbies you can buy in gas stations or something. I mean, c'mon Gabby, this Frontsight gig is expensive!

Ummm...double orchids??!!! I was thinking of one of those cheesy plastic jobbies you can buy in gas stations or something. I mean, c'mon Gabby, this Frontsight gig is expensive!
    Priorities my friend!! Just teasing! I am very certain your priorities are exactly where they need to be aside from the "plastic jobbies" you can purchase at a gas station. Now I looked into this for you, I know how you boys can be about research and reading directions before constructing something They have some very reasonably priced leis on this website. Keep in mind, I will not be offended in the least if you choose not to purchase a leis, I am merely running along with this idea.

http://http://www.hawaiiflowerlei.com/section.aspx?pid=orchid

Hawaiian Leis & Flowers Shipped Fresh From Hawaii

The link you added didn't work. Hopefully, this one does the trick!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast