45 gap acp?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 45 gap acp?

45 gap acp?

Hi folks,
    I was considering a Glock model 38. What is the difference between .45 GAP and .45 ACP and are they interchangeable? Any other recommendations?

Thx
    Anthony

I owns a G37 .45GAP, I would get the .45GAP then the .45ACP they are not interchangeable. Check this link out. The .45GAP ammo is much stronger then the .45ACP
    Inside the .45 GAP or

http://www.glock.com/

They are not interchangeable and the GAP is newer and not as easy to come by as the 45ACP.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

5. The GAP is not interchangeable with an ACP. It never really got off the ground because it doesn't do anything any abetter than an ACP except allow it to be fired in a slightly smaller gun.. Unless you're a collector and need a copy to round out your collection, the GAP is otherwise useless. Its a cartridge that didn,t need to be invented.I think Glock is the only manufacturer who still makes one.

Just bought a Glock 39. .45GAP Sub-Compact. It will be around awhile because the NYS Police all carry .45 GAP as issued.

Several LE agencies have adopted the G.A.P. (Glock Automatic Pistol) cartridge as their standard issue.. NYSP being one of them. The South Carolina Highway Patrol is also carrying the Glock 37... I have heard really good things from the LEO's that are carrying it... promising results in the field. Anyway, it allows a .45 bullet to be fired from 9mm and .40 sized gun frames.. People with smaller hands that want the power and ballistics of the .45 ACP but can't necessarily get their hands around the grip comfortably will benefit from the .45 GAP cartridge. The GAP cartridge is just a tad shorter than the .45 ACP round.

Quote Originally Posted by NCjones View Post
    Hi folks,
    I was considering a Glock model 38. What is the difference between .45 GAP and .45 ACP and are they interchangeable? Any other recommendations?

Thx
    Anthony
    Anthony, you should read through this thread as well;

http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...ry-45-gap.html

.45 GAP is not for me, and I'm a small dude. Give me the real thing. :)
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Thanks for all the info. I settled on the Sig 2022 in 9mm. Everything else the same, I'd rather have had the 45 ACP but the Sig just ran up and crawled up my leg when I walked into the gunshop.

You sending that in with your resume?
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast