Muhammad is dead.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Muhammad is dead.

Muhammad is dead.

I wasn't sure where to put this thread. Since this a$$hole perpetrated his crimes with a gun, I thought that it might qualify for this forum. Mods, feel free to move it were you feel it should be.

Sniper John Allen Muhammad executed - CNN.com

The convicted Washington DC area sniper was executed tonight. How do you feel about it?

Myself, I am just glad that they didn't drag it out for 20 years.

What took them so long?
    Semper Fi

In addition to the appeals process, I think they were hoping to get more confessions from him to help close more cases that they think he committed. He wasn't talking anymore, so it was time to get him sent on his way.

Earth and its occupants should have been rid of this menace long ago.
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

6. execution not painful enough

Solitary confinement followed by emasculation followed by waterboarding and finally a bullet to the head, Russian style.

7. I think it was required, and should have been done long ago. But I will not rejoice in the death of another human being, no matter who he was.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    I think it was required, and should have been done long ago. But I will not rejoice in the death of another human being, no matter who he was.
    I understand where you're coming from, I think, Wolfling, but will have to disagree, as I don't even feel that such people are "human". I mean this seriously. I have watched a beheading video, for example, (I could only do it once) and was left feeling that I was watching evil incarnate. I truly believed these "human beings" to be demons who possessed none of the empathy and caring that human beings possess. I attribute the same characteristics to anyone who can unfeelingly take another's life with no more thought than you and I might give to eating an apple. I do rejoice when they are removed from this earth and sent to Judgement. May the Lord forgive me for this attitude, but I would not hesitate to end their time on this earth.

9. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I understand where you're coming from, I think, Wolfling, but will have to disagree, as I don't even feel that such people are "human". I mean this seriously. I have watched a beheading video, for example, (I could only do it once) and was left feeling that I was watching evil incarnate. I truly believed these "human beings" to be demons who possessed none of the empathy and caring that human beings possess. I attribute the same characteristics to anyone who can unfeelingly take another's life with no more thought than you and I might give to eating an apple. I do rejoice when they are removed from this earth and sent to Judgement. May the Lord forgive me for this attitude, but I would not hesitate to end their time on this earth.
    I understand. I would not hesitate either, and I do agree there is evil in the world, and it must be removed from it, as quickly as possible, but not quicker. In other words, define clearly what kind of crimes are capital offences (I think sexual predators, esp against children should be included), convict the person, then make 100% sure the person did it (no legal wrangling, find the TRUTH), then execute him in the most human and efficient way possible. Weeks or months, no waiting years to do it. No public spectical. All life comes from the Creator and is sacred. I may feel a sense of relief they are gone, as my family now lives in a safer world. I think, by rejoicing in death, we take on the characteristics of evil ourselves.
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    I think it was required, and should have been done long ago. But I will not rejoice in the death of another human being, no matter who he was.
    I also understand, but there are consequences for our actions and I believe the consequences for his actions were just... I will not rejoice either, but am glad it is done with and not drug out for years as so many are..
    There was no doubt of his guilt, and price has been paid..

I pray that all the victims families find some solace and closure with this event having been completed.

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Hey, guys, call me stupid but: how do you get the Multi-Quote button to work? I've tried it a bunch of ways but all I keep getting is the entire quote.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast