Ridiculous Question - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ridiculous Question

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    So...did you make the old lady clean up the mess?? What, you had nothing to do all weekend in, where do you live again, oh yeah...HAWAII... so you decided to shoot up a few flares?
    Actually I used the OP as an example of some of the questions I get as a firearms instructor. I taught a NRA Basic Pistol Class and we had time to do "fun stuff" on the range after the class was over. Some of the students wanted to hang around and see what happens when we shoot various things using various firearms. We shot up a few fruits, soda cans, expired canned goods, a plastic gas can and the road flares. BTW, my buddy shot up a flare with his M4 and we couldn't set it off. We got the students to clean up the mess and hauled it off to the dumpster.

Needless to say, it was a lot of fun.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Oh...excuse me while I pull my size 12 foot out of my mouth. I get that "foot-in-mouth" disease sometimes (While irritating, I suppose it's better than "foot up my a$$" syndrome!).

BTW, my buddy shot up a flare with his M4 and we couldn't set it off. We got the students to clean up the mess and hauled it off to the dumpster
    I thought you were supposed to light the flare before shooting it. I am not suprised that you couldn't set it off.

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Actually I used the OP as an example of some of the questions I get as a firearms instructor. I taught a NRA Basic Pistol Class and we had time to do "fun stuff" on the range after the class was over. Some of the students wanted to hang around and see what happens when we shoot various things using various firearms. We shot up a few fruits, soda cans, expired canned goods, a plastic gas can and the road flares. BTW, my buddy shot up a flare with his M4 and we couldn't set it off. We got the students to clean up the mess and hauled it off to the dumpster.

Needless to say, it was a lot of fun.

gf
    that's awesome... btw, shooting a pumpkin or watermelon with a high power rifle is also something to write home about:)
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

6. Talking

Next time you need to use tracers!!! Or better yet, WP :-) And, in honor of Thanksgiving, they need to be inside a turkey!!!!
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfling68 View Post
    Next time you need to use tracers!!! Or better yet, WP :-) And, in honor of Thanksgiving, they need to be inside a turkey!!!!
    Tracers would have been fun, but not legal here in PRHI.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234