Road rage turned deadly. - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road rage turned deadly.

1. If we were politically correct we wouldn't be on this board lol:

I think its across the board and not really directly related to any specific race. Although, statistics would show that its mainly hispanic, 44% of New Mexicans associate themselves in some way to hispanic orgin..do with that what you will?

This weekend on the news:

Woman raped- forced to bathe and wash sheets before suspect left.
    Police catch CA murder suspect who murdered family in NM.
    Man pulls gun at neighborhood association meeting.
    Ex-Cop heads to court on vehicular homicide charge.
    Man arrested after beating another with a baseball bat.
    Man found beaten at an ABQ apt. complex- later died at hospital.
    SWAT situation ends peacefully.

New Mexico, specifically Albuquerque per capita is statistically more dangerous than L.A or N.Y.C.

We suffer from "Hug-A-Thug" syndrome and rather than prosecute under the full extent we issue 3 time home invaders probation until he kills 7 people (seriously, actually happened).

I'd like to move, but its just not in the cards right now.. :(
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    If we were politically correct we wouldn't be on this board lol:

I think its across the board and not really directly related to any specific race. Although, statistics would show that its mainly hispanic, 44% of New Mexicans associate themselves in some way to hispanic orgin..do with that what you will?

This weekend on the news:

Woman raped- forced to bathe and wash sheets before suspect left.
    Police catch CA murder suspect who murdered family in NM.
    Man pulls gun at neighborhood association meeting.
    Ex-Cop heads to court on vehicular homicide charge.
    Man arrested after beating another with a baseball bat.
    Man found beaten at an ABQ apt. complex- later died at hospital.
    SWAT situation ends peacefully.

New Mexico, specifically Albuquerque per capita is statistically more dangerous than L.A or N.Y.C.

We suffer from "Hug-A-Thug" syndrome and rather than prosecute under the full extent we issue 3 time home invaders probation until he kills 7 people (seriously, actually happened).

I'd like to move, but its just not in the cards right now.. :(

Wow. I did not realize this. Ok, brother, since you can't move, may I assume you train a lot and carry 24/7? I hope so.

4. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Wow. I did not realize this. Ok, brother, since you can't move, may I assume you train a lot and carry 24/7? I hope so.
    I goto the range quite a bit, and carry as much as legally possible lol. I just got a 1911 which is much easier to conceal than a Glock (duh) so I carry i'd say 95%...
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

5. Cops apathy

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    One thing about NM that many of you may not know:
    People are Stupid!

This is the only state in the country that I know of where "lookin' at someone the wrong way" will get you killed. Its like watching animal planet sometimes. You goto the mall with your wife and you see people just staring eachother down. It reminds me of how dogs compete over dominance. I can find multiple stories of people being shot, killed, beaten because of "madd dogging". Many a times, i've been confronted with "WTF Are you looking at" for a brief glance at someone...

Road rage is insane here, at least in Albuquerque. About 1 of 3 cars are presumed armed and not legally either. It is a dangerous place (IMO) now that you know a bit about the Land of Enchantment, this story might make more sense.
    and the biggest problem with road rage here in NM is the cops will watch it happen, and not do anything until someone gets killed.

6. Living in NM

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    NM is a place that inocent people have to carry, because of the gang initiation problems down here. You have the possibility to be shot, just so some little thug can prove himself.

7. In NM, if anyone gets out of their car to confront you....... you will fear for your life.

Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    Unless Lemos had a weapon, Baca should have Rolled up his windows and drove away. There all idoits.
    Forgot to mention in my earlier post that Lemos was even a bigger IDIOT for getting out of his car and starting the confrontation in the first place "because he thought Baca ALMOST hit his car". If he had just moved on this would have been a NON-INCIDENT
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

9. Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    Forgot to mention in my earlier post that Lemos was even a bigger IDIOT for getting out of his car and starting the confrontation in the first place "because he thought Baca ALMOST hit his car". If he had just moved on this would have been a NON-INCIDENT
    Agreed

10. Quote Originally Posted by astute View Post
    +1

You don't run up on peoples windows here, good way to get a gun in your face...happened to a friend of mine...he cut someone off in traffic- the guy followed him from 12th/indian school to about Eubank and central (5+ miles if you're not local)...my buddy pulled into a fast food restaraunt parking lot (crowded place) on the phone with PD..

the other guy started running up to his window- so my friend points his weapon at the road rage moron, and of course the other guy runs off.

Justified? not me for to decide, but he reported the incident and nothing ever came of it...we consider 30% of vehicles "armed"...

11. update

They're not charging him with murder.

Instead they're trying for voluntary manslaughter..

KOB.com - Manslaughter charge filed in NM shooting

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12