Have you had to draw or use your weapon and how has it changed you? - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Have you had to draw or use your weapon and how has it changed you?

about a year ago i was on the the second day of a four day hike and came across 3 bears one being a cub...i stopped and the stood still while the cub just stared at me..and then the cub made a very loud screech..daddy bear was 50 feet away ..sharply turned around and stood on hind legs and made some huffing noises..i had my ruger .357 security six with gold dots in hand...walked backward slowly about 20 feet then turned around and walked in the other direction for a couple hours...i would hate to fire at a bear...id have walked away very sad if i killed a bear..i also have a tough time thinking this 7'+ bear would feel anything but tickled by my choice in protection that day....ive never seen a bear in the wild and was more concerned about stumbling apon a grow site or secluded meth lab...maybe i shouldnt hike alone anymore

No choice

On aug 1 an attempt on my familys life by 2 hired men in arkansas left me with no choice . It was either shoot or be shot. Fortunately it worked out in our favor. I am thankful i owned and new how to use a gun otherwise 3 of us would have been dead. Those circumstances change a lot about a person . Personally speaking , i veiw life differently and i think gun ownership and prudent training is a must.

Exclamation 1 Aug isn't that long ago

Quote Originally Posted by slapnrak View Post
    On aug 1 an attempt on my familys life by 2 hired men in arkansas left me with no choice . It was either shoot or be shot. Fortunately it worked out in our favor. I am thankful i owned and new how to use a gun otherwise 3 of us would have been dead. Those circumstances change a lot about a person . Personally speaking , i veiw life differently and i think gun ownership and prudent training is a must.
    I am glad that you are here and can speak of what experience you have had. Is there a news article or court document that will help shed the light on the situation? Your experiences could prove to be a very powerful learning tool.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

5. a few months ago I stopped for gas in a not so good part of a town south of Atlanta. while I filled my empty tank a lowlife was circling the pumps on foot, each circle getting a little smaller. He couldn't see that I was OC'ing. I positioned myself so that he would in no way miss what was on my hip. On his next lap around the pumps he noticed my xd45c while I eyeballed him. He displayed some intelligence and decided to mosey on down the highway.....I know that's not having to draw, but I made sure it was in sight. That was good enough that day.

back aruond '74 2nd.armored div. had duty division where we had to pull all security at ft. hood, i was a spec.4 and had a pfc. assigned to me and we had to guard the main post finance office. i had a winchester pump shot gun and the pfc. had a maddok handle. we walked counter rotating rotations around the facility. the o.d was a secound lt. and decided to try and catch us shamming and snuck up behind the pfc. and had him spread eagle on the ground with a 1911 to the back of his head and as it was about 03:00 i didn't know for sure what was going on when i sliped up behind him and racked the slide and touched the back of his head. he pissed his pants and told me he was th o.d. but i held him there till the commander of relife showed . i got a 3 day pass!

Festus , the only public reference is available on the web . RE; conway county home invasion or Conway County Kidnap
    Trials are pending three others that were involved. Thanks for the inquiry.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo42xa View Post
    I have not seen any "shoot first, talk later" post's on here. Everyone on here seems to be "responsible" and know what they are talking about, keeping in mind that everyone has their own opinion's.
    To answer your question: No, I have never had to draw a weapon yet. I couldn't tell you what would be going through my mind at the time either. Maybe if it ever did happen it'll sure as hell wake me up to know what the feeling is...not that I want to know......OR do I?? But if My/Family life is on the line I'd better be prepared to do what has to be done.
    Good question.
    You will be suprised what you are capable of under such stress

Thank you, LGH, for starting one of the most thought provoking discussion threads I have read on this site.

Exclamation I looked up the case

Quote Originally Posted by slapnrak View Post
    Festus , the only public reference is available on the web . RE; conway county home invasion or Conway County Kidnap
    Trials are pending three others that were involved. Thanks for the inquiry.
    I am truly glad you are OK. The odds against you were pretty grim from what I read. BTW you are one hell of a shot! I hope the rest of the turdbags rot in prison.

I did not post the articles I read or links thereof out of respect for your privacy. I know from My experience in the military, you have been dealing with alot.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123