Ever "forget" your gun? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ever "forget" your gun?

1. Wow, quite a few people that don't ever leave without their weapon. I feel ashamed of myself. At least SWMP40 is with me, kinda lol.

I prior to my little "procedure" often left my firearm at home. I guess I was in the mindset of I probably wouldn't need it. Then again "Most people will never need a gun in their life. Those that do will need one very badly"- unknown.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by jreXD9 View Post
    How about "Have you ever forgotten that you had your gun CC'd somewhere prohibited you shouldn't have it?"

All I'll say is YEP, once. It was a weird kind of feeling.
    Even if anyone had ever done that, it's pretty silly to admit to it here in a public forum. Why provide the fodder?

I guess I am just the opposite. There are lots of times I think it is only a short trip and I don't want to hassle with suiting up. But instead of going out unarmed in those situations I just decide to stay home and don't go.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

I never forget it, but here's a real boner I pulled last week. Occasionally I'll stick a mag full of snap caps in the unit when I practice handling or trigger pulls. Yea, I did it. Walked out of the house with a mag full of snap caps in my defensive carry gun the other morning. 10 minutes later, I dropped the mag at a stoplight to check it and there they were. Ooops, quick U-turn.....

Kids are grown and gone, so I'm a little more free-wheeling about having weapons about (don't routinely use a safe, for example, tho I have one). So, in the morning...put on pants, grab license and carry permit and gun from dresser top and go...If I'm dinking around the house or garage (unarmed) and decide to run an errand, there's usually a gun hidden close by that I grab just for that errand. It's VERY rare that I leave unarmed; when I do, I feel quite nekked. That's not a nice feeling (or a pretty picture!) so, as I said, I'm armed almost 100% of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by tomwalshco View Post
    I never forget it, but here's a real boner I pulled last week. Occasionally I'll stick a mag full of snap caps in the unit when I practice handling or trigger pulls. Yea, I did it. Walked out of the house with a mag full of snap caps in my defensive carry gun the other morning. 10 minutes later, I dropped the mag at a stoplight to check it and there they were. Ooops, quick U-turn.....
    I did the exact same thing day before yesterday. I just swapped out with a spare instead of going home but yup. You aren't the only one.

there have been times where I thought I would not need it. like when I just want to go out down the street to the drive through... but then I think about it and grab one of my non-primary carry pistols that are in a different kind of holster than I use for carrying and just set it between my legs in the car. so I have thought about it and I always come to.... "well I would hate it if this was the time I actually need it".
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I forgot mine one time way back when. I promptly turned my truck around and went back to get it. I was just glad I didnt get to far down the road before I missed it..
    When seconds count, the LEO's are only minutes away...

I'm not saying I won't forget it perhaps sometime in the future, but I have not fogotten it so far. I carry my XD with me everywhere LEGAL. I strap up to go check my mail. Don't fore see forgetting it, but it is all together a possibility I suppose.
    I'm not sure how the third world war will be fought, but I do know how the fourth will....with rocks.

well I guess it's just my being new to my CHL, but unless I am at work (Education) or going to bed I have my weapon on. The first thing I do in the morning is slip my IWB rig on and leave it on all day.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast