Who knows that you carry?
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who knows that you carry?

Who knows that you carry?

What members of your family or friends do you tell about your CWP and the fact that you carry? Is it obvious that you even own a gun to begin with? I've seen some people who are completely discrete about it, and others who practically wear it on their sleeve. One example would be this guy, who got his name and picture in the paper on an article about students wanting to carry on campus.

Some of my close friends and family know I have a permit. I don't outright tell people, but I'm not afraid to talk about it if the subject ever comes up. It's not something you should ever act all bad-ass about--but it is good for people to see that reasonable, normal people have them.

It's like we've made guns into these mystical objects that are extremely powerful and extremely dangerous. They might go off if you look at them funny. Guns should be respected, but people should not live in irrational fear of them and those who own them.

Having said that, I know people who say 'concealed is concealed' and that you should never tell anyone. I don't think there is anything wrong with that method either.

Also, the guy in this photo shouldn't be doing that. Open-carry is not legal in this state.

Hmmm

My wife, kids, parents, a half-dozen friends and a few select co-workers knew I carried. Well, a few gun store employees where I trained or bought holsters and gear too. Also, when I would go to someone's home for the first time, I would usually inform them out of courtesy. Only one person ever objected and I chose to disarm, lock my gun in the trunk and only visit once. I tend to relax when I am indoors and don't want to spend a 3 hour visit wearing my sports coat, jacket or even a light vest.

Anyone who knows me or has been to my home knows I own guns. They were racked over the fireplace in one home and I don't hide my views on the 2A.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

SInce legal in ohio, 3 years 7 months ago, the fallowing people know that I am always armed (where legal)
    wife 3years 7 months
    dad 3 years 5 months
    mom 3 years 5 months
    Thats it.
    Couple of close co-workers on my full time job though i've never confirmed nor denied (it's legal and company has no policy against it).

Post Subject

Just my family and a few close friends know I carry, I can count the people on both hands that know, and have fingers left over.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Just carry. that is the imporant part of life.

It's no secret that has to be kept that someone has a CWP. In SC I have to advise anyone that I have one and that I'm armed if I go to someones home, stranger or friend it doesn't matter. All my family, friends and every gun dealer that I've bought from knows I carry. Most of my friends now either have their CWP or is getting one because I carry. It's not a badge of honor but a right that must be known to exist and for most states, easy to get.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Two people know I carry, my wife and my best friend...other than that, it's no ones business but my own.

Now in the article above abt carring on campus, I pulled this quote from it: "So, you get mad at your professor and you take him out?" King said. "Put two caps in him and say, 'That's it?' No, that's not a good plan."

Thats right, it is not a good plan as several other students may be armed and they will put a cap in your ass! All the more reason to be armed! To deal with those that seek to do harm to others!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Wife, son, daughter, mom, dad, sister, niece, nephew, mother-in-law, brother-in-law, 2 aunts, 2 uncles, 2 cousins, a couple of pro-gun neighbors whom I trust and a handful of co-workers who I know to be pro-gun. I don't go around crowing to the sheeple, proclaiming that I carry, however, my philosophy is to let anyone I trust know that I carry so that if they are interested themselves, they don't feel like they're the only ones. It can be a little intimidating when you think you're the only "crackpot" who wants to carry a gun. I always offer my support and try to provide helpful information. Since I got my CCW in July, one of my co-workers, mentioned above, has gotten theirs. I like to feel that I had something to do with that decision.

Quotes and lack of bladder control

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    I pulled this quote from it: "So, you get mad at your professor and you take him out?" King said. "Put two caps in him and say, 'That's it?' No, that's not a good plan."
    I noticed that quote and my first thought was that he's been taking instruction from the Brady and HCL groups. This is typical "blood and carnage from crazed, gun-toting neanderthals" knee-jerk rhetoric. Shoot a professor...my lord...he was probably wetting his pants thinking he would have to face an unhappy constituent after a vote.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast