s&W 3953

Thread: s&W 3953

1. s&W 3953

Hello,
    I just bought my first pistol. a smith and wesson model 3953. I'm wondering who else might have one and if there are any recomendations on the best ammo for this gun. I am using this as my primary carry for self defense. Or any advice at all. Thanks

3. I have the full size version (or similar version..) SW 659.

As far as the best ammo- you're opening a can of worms. I'm of the opinion that any major manufacturer of hollow point will do.
    I personally use Gold Dot HP
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

4. thanks! I really just want to avoid the wrong ammo but any advice helps. I've heard that +p or +P+ is bad for certain models. I will probably go for federal HP 115grain since I can afford them and I really want to be practicing with what I will be carrying. thanks again

What every brand of ammo you get make sure you buy enough so that you can fire a few rounds through the firearm. You need to do that to see how it functions with the ammo and so that you will have a feel of the ammo in your firearm.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

6. Thanks. yeah I figure I should have practice firing what I carry anyway.

I'm not familiar with the 3953 however I own a 3913. I've shot every kind of ammo I could find including my own cast bullet reloads, FMJ, Hollow point, And even MagSafes, which is what I carry. I've yet to have a failure of any kind with any of the assorted ammo. GREAT GUN. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the 3953 is an all steel version of the 3913 which has an alloy frame. I carry MagSafes as their Propaganda fits my feelings for my requirements. For Conventional bullets, I'd probably select the Winchester SXT (politically Correct version of the Black Talon).
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com