What do you look for in a shooting range?

Thread: What do you look for in a shooting range?

What do you look for in a shooting range?

What features do you like in a shooting range? I am currnetly looking into building a range and looking for ideas.

A nice Sunny Day....

Sorry, Seriously, Plenty of room to spread out left to right.. 200 yards to 15 yards. Really qualified range officers. Can't offer thoughts on a indoor range, only done that once ... Too cramped, poor ventilation.
    Semper Fi

Clean. Friendly. Safe. Well ventilated/well lit. And Pro-2A. If you want to get more detailed, the ability to shoot at a variety of distances, independent of what the neighboring shooter is doing, is a plus, IMO.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

What do you look for in a shooting range?......

THE TARGET!
    "If it is time to bury your guns, then it is time to dig them up!"

6. Who can provide for bui;dimg plans for a two place underground shooting range. I;d like to put one in my 21/2 acre yard....private...quiet.....any kind of weather.

Varying distances out to at least 200 yards for long guns. Separate hand gun/ long gun areas. The one I'm currently a member of has a cowboy action/ IPSC area, shotgun, handgun and long gun areas. The only problem with it is flooding during heavy rains.

8. For a commercial outdoor range:

The ability to shoot from the holster. Many commercial ranges only allow this with an instructor.
    Clay throwers available for use.
    200 yard minimum
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

One us poor guys can afford.
    Roy
    Dacono CO
    CCW, Ruger LCR, Winchester 94, S&W 686-3

10. Quote Originally Posted by rforgy View Post
    One us poor guys can afford.
    +1 - I joined a range out here for $120/year...I have 24/7 access to it, they have a ton of members. Keep in mind if you open a range and charge $15-20 per visit you'll have (IMO) someone who goes maybe once a month thereby creating $240/year as opposed to someone who is guaranteed to pay you $120/year for unlimited use...recurring revenue is good...

I weighed my decision in joining this club/range based on the fact that I could go as many times as I wanted for $120 opposed to 6 times with the indoor place at $20/visit. Also, figure if you allow a member to bring a guest (like a wife, friend, etc) that there is alot of added value. I've taken one person with me multiple times and he became a member so he wouldn't have to wait on me to go shooting...
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa