how do I go about getting a NH non resident CWP

Thread: how do I go about getting a NH non resident CWP

how do I go about getting a NH non resident CWP

HELLO,
    new to this usa carry, hope this is the place to open this thread..
    I have a sc resident CWP and looking to get one from NH as a non res., what is the procedure's I would have to go thru, can anyone help or guide me.
    I've been reading in these threads that, yes it is possible and legal to do so. it gives us more freedom to travel legally in our motor home.
    thanks

there's an application form you can print on line from home. fill it out, send it in with a check for $100. wait for it in the mail

thanks for the info, but need to know the website of where to get the form

thanks again, found the site and sending the link incase anyone need s it

Allen Arms New Hampshire CWP

Aside from the $100 fee, (which was only $20 just one year ago) the process for obtaining a nonresident pistol/revolver permit is amomg the easiest in America. Without ever appearing in person, all you need to do is fill out the application form and mail it in along with the fee and a copy of your driver's license and home state permit. That's it.
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Exactly what tattedupboy said. Got mine in about 6 weeks. (mail in)
    "If it is time to bury your guns, then it is time to dig them up!"

Here's the direct link for the application. http://www.nh.gov/safety/divisions/n...ts/dssp260.pdf
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Quote Originally Posted by tattedupboy View Post
    Aside from the $100 fee, (which was only $20 just one year ago) the process for obtaining a nonresident pistol/revolver permit is amomg the easiest in America. Without ever appearing in person, all you need to do is fill out the application form and mail it in along with the fee and a copy of your driver's license and home state permit. That's it.
    Extremely easy indeed. While I did say in protest a few months ago that I would not pay the new $100 fee when mine comes up for renewal in Dec 2010, I will likely suck it up and pay it. My past experiences with my non resident applications for NH have been so smooth and easy. It has typically taken less than 2 weeks to get it in the mail.

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    Extremely easy indeed. While I did say in protest a few months ago that I would not pay the new $100 fee when mine comes up for renewal in Dec 2010, I will likely suck it up and pay it. My past experiences with my non resident applications for NH have been so smooth and easy. It has typically taken less than 2 weeks to get it in the mail.
    I too am looking into getting a Maine and N.H. permit soon. How long is the N.H. permit good for? Any experience with the Maine permit process?

Quote Originally Posted by g30sheepdog View Post
    ... How long is the N.H. permit good for?

Four years

Okeydokey. Thanks.