150 and counting

Thread: 150 and counting

150 and counting

The total number of murders in Jacksonville is 150 so far this year - 10 more than last year, which itself was an increase over the year before that. The murders have gotten out of control here, and it's part of what continues to convince me of the need for carrying.
    They found a man who had been shot lying in the street. He was rushed to Shands Jacksonville hospital, where he died. His death marked Jacksonville's 149th homicide of 2007. His identity was not released by police.

The 150th homicide occurred a short time later in the Arlington section of Jacksonville.

About 4:30 a.m., residents at Les Chateaux Condominiums at 851 Bert Road reported a disturbance and heard a young woman outside calling for police help, said Sgt. T.K. Waters of the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office.
    This isn't just happening in the ghetto, either - an unusual number of killings have happened in relatively normal areas of town. We do have a gang problem in certain areas, but the scary part is that many of these killings are just people getting mad at each other, and are probably done by people who shouldn't have a gun in the first place.

At least two of the deaths have been from bullets (fired by morons) that accidentally flew through windows and killed women who were quietly reading in their bedrooms. :( If I were in the market for a home, I'd be looking at the feasibility of putting in ballistic glass.

I am sorry to hear about these misfortunes. Keep aware and watch your surroundings. Be careful.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.