The Patriot
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Patriot

The Patriot

I just watched Mel Gibson in the movie: The Patriot, for the 2nd time. It has been some time since I had seen it. A fantastic movie, which should be required viewing by all proclaimed patriots today. I was especially intrigued by the similarity between events and players then and now.

Favorite part: where Gibson and the Frenchman walk into a tavern full of rednecks and the Frenchman, looking down his nose at all the lowlife ruffians, asks if they're in the right place for recruits. Gibson yells "God save the King" and the place erupts: everyone jumps to their feet with weapons in hand and chase the two out of the bar. Gibson says "yep, looks like the right place to me".

It also occurs to me that there are lessons to be learned from the resistance then which could be applied today.

Great movie. We should tie all the libs in a chair and make them watch The Patriot and Red Dawn until they come to their senses.
    Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what's for dinner. Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote." - Benjamin Franklin

4. Blue Hats make good targets
    You can have peace. Or you can have freedom. Don't ever count on having both at once.
    Robert A. Heinlein

That's funny that you brought that up. I think that movie was on last weekend during the Senate sideshow/circus on HC proceding vote. and thought that a quote was truely apropos here.
    ~
    Benjamin Martin: Would you tell me please, Mr. Howard, why should I trade one tyrant three thousand miles away for three thousand tyrants one mile away? An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a king can.
    Semper Fi

exelent movie and shows the true patriot spirit,mr. martin was a hardened veteran,had experianced the horror of war and realy wanted to live in peace with his neighbors, but when he saw the conflict on his own doorstep joined the cause. so many parallels to today!

7. Quote Originally Posted by rugerfan.64 View Post
    Great movie. We should tie all the libs in a chair and make them watch The Patriot and Red Dawn until they come to their senses.
    I wouldn't want to wish that on anybody

Red Dawn was just one of those movies. At least it teaches you a valuable lesson. Never square off with an AK-47 against a gunship.

Quote Originally Posted by Aresye View Post
    I wouldn't want to wish that on anybody

Red Dawn was just one of those movies. At least it teaches you a valuable lesson. Never square off with an AK-47 against a gunship.
    I liked the first Red Dawn. Don't know about the new one.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by Aresye View Post
    Red Dawn was just one of those movies. At least it teaches you a valuable lesson.
    - A bow and arrow has military merit even in the modern era.
    - Hunting rifles have value beyond bagging game.
    - All that time in Boy Scouts wasn't wasted.
    - Don't stand toe to toe with a bigger man, as the colonists and other revolutionaries have learned over the centuries.
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

Don't eat the food the enemy "accidentally" drops.
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

Stay away from guys that make you drink blood and urinate in the radiator.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast