Advertising our guns
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Advertising our guns

Advertising our guns

It occurs to me that many of us are advertising on our homepages, exactly what types of weapons we own.

Anyone else think this is not...uh...smart?

I, for one, am deleting mine. Yeah, the horse has already left the barn, but maybe we all have to be thinking smarter from here on out.

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    It occurs to me that many of us are advertising on our homepages, exactly what types of weapons we own.

I, for one, am deleting mine. Yeah, the horse has already left the barn, but maybe we all have to be thinking smarter from here on out.
    The Wiphe and I have talked about this a couple times. I do not have any pictures of me on here and I a little vague on where I live. If somebody wants to find you, they can. I do my due diligence with everything else revolving around my family and my firearms.
    Semper Fi

What do you mean gun"S".. I only have my Skyy.. That's it.. No, Really.. I ask about other guns a lot.. but I wouldn't own any other guns.. No.. Really!!! Sometimes I borrow other peoples guns when I go shooting, but I only have my Skyy...
    That's my story.. I'm sticking to it!!

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

5. advertising not a good idea

There's a lot of things that are not a good idea. I try to keep my name off membership rolls too. I donate regularly to NRA and other pro 2a groups but don't want my name found there for various reasons. I realize with FBI bacground checks every time I purchase puts me on someones radar, but the extent of my -tems remains unknown. A hidden room also keeps others from seeing anything either. I live by the advice the CCW instructor said, "once u get it, keep ur mouth shut". Good avdice to live by.

Guns? What guns? I don' have no guns! I don' need no steenkin' guns!

There is no current record of my ever purchasing or owning a gun. I have a Florida carry permit, but I could be carrying a switch-blade or a Taser, or even a sap. There are no serial #s, no model #s, no nothing attached to my name. And I do not advertise any brand names, any calibers...

I may have posted something somewhere, but you'd have to search a lot of Web sites to find out. My lips are sealed.
    -= Piece Corps =-

As long as the pictures don't show the guns' serial numbers, what's the big deal?
    Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.

Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post

You know, unless you're using some super anonymous browsing techniques, if someone (anyone) needed to find you or your previous posts they could definitely do it. I think you've been going slightly off the deep end, and this is coming from a fellow "conspiracy theorist". I don't think a plane hit the pentagon. I don't think a plane is what brought the WTC buildings down during 9/11, and I don't think a plane crashed in Pennsylvania. I do however know that if someone is coming for my guns, I have done nothing to stop this. If they want our guns, they'll get our guns. If you have ever filled out the 4473, someone out there knows you own a firearm. I don't think you should be as worried about this as you currently are, though.
    Gun control: Forcing a 95lb woman to fist fight a 300lb rapist

Advertising Guns

No...I don't "advertise" that I have any guns and/or where they might be...too much temptation for a hacker to look at these websites and locate "targets" for theft.

I don't even put NRA stickers on any of my property...again, would indicate that the owner was gun friendly.

Much better, IMO, to keep the perpetrator guessing as to what fate he/she might have if they decied to B&E...

10. JJ good point, I like you and i'm not bashing you by the following- these are just my views

I have a Kimber 1911, a Glock 17, a Mossberg 500, and a S&W 659 all legally and lawfully purchased in my state of residence. I also drive a marked car to and from home- people already know there are guns in the house/with me. Besides, I'm not ashamed. I'm proud that i've worked honest work to acquire my very limited collection :) I'm not ashamed of it and don't feel a need to hide it from like minded folks like yourself, my neighbors, my friends, family or the Federal government.

My firearms are secured under lock in key or with me. I have a beloved german Shepherd who will do a damn good job at licking someone to death should they ever break in, an alarm system and some great neighbors. I like talking guns, I like buying guns, shooting guns, and looking at guns and damn it if I have to be afraid to talk about the type I own it may be time to buy more!

(End emotional rant)

+ if ever I thought a gun ban was looming I'd sell all of my guns
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

11. Additional note:

READ THIS: http://www.newswithviews.com/NWV-News/news152.htm

n amendment to a bill swiftly moving through the US Congress will allow the Obama Administration's Attorney General to classify Americans as domestic terrorists if they are pro-life, pro-gun and anti-big government.

To the people are super sensitive and try hard to keep their names off of NRA Lists, forums, etc. If I were an agency looking at this board I'd wonder why you were trying so hard to keep your name off the radar...

We're Americans guaranteed the right to free speech and to keep and bear arms. You're doing nothing wrong. Besides- we're probably all flagged as domestic terrorists for being on pro gun boards anyway!

Between my posts here, and my conversations over the evil cell phone with my friends about politics, freedom, the constitution, liking what Ron Paul and other pro personal freedom people have to say I'm definitely on "the list" lol
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast