Got myself a Christmas present!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Got myself a Christmas present!!!

I did not get a new weapon but I did get a "Urban Strider" chest rig to carry my firearm in when running or walking.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

3. Man, I'm beginning to feel that Santa didn't love me this year. Guess I'll just have to make it up to myself. Now, do I want the new Walther PPS or a new 6.8 SPC AR-15? Or maybe a Kimber Ultra Carry. Or.....;)
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

Quote Originally Posted by 2075RAMI4ME View Post
    Man, I'm beginning to feel that Santa didn't love me this year.
    Perhaps you were a bad little boy. :D
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

5. color of your weapon

I was recently in a training exercise conducted in desert terrain. I used to think that colored guns were just a new fad. They actually serve a genunie purpose (aside from being BAD AND BLACK).

I was surprised how quick that black AR-15 stands out in desert terrain. Anyone wearing, or carrying, black gear was very easy to spot. They boys with the expensive toys (coyote brown / TDU gear and guns) were able to move nearly undetected.

I am now considering getting color variants for each of my favorite guns. One in Coyote, one in Black, and one in OD green.

Couldn't hurt..... (ok, maybe the pocketbook)

6. Tape is made for this reason already

echo_5 Guest

Thumbs up colored guns

all new military weapon contracts state "no black guns" for the reasons mentioned here. I personally find colored weapons aesthetically pleasing; my P99 has a green frame, my AR is dressed in coyote brown furniture and I plan to color the Kel-Tec soon. my $.02

Aimpoint or Eotech

Kimber
    I just went through the Aimpoint/Eotech selection process. I have one of the Aimpoint knockoffs (Tacpoint) and it works well so I know I would like the Aimpoint. I did most of my research on AR15.com and found perhaps a slight bias in favor of the Eotech, from those who own both. Either way you can't go wrong. I selected the Eotech, just shipped from ebay yesterday. I can't say why I flipped and went with the Eotech. Perhaps it has a slightly better field of vision. Hopefully I'll get to the range next week and try it.
    Happy New Year
    Cheers
    Joe

Mytoy

Quote Originally Posted by joeren View Post
    Kimber
    I just went through the Aimpoint/Eotech selection process. I have one of the Aimpoint knockoffs (Tacpoint) and it works well so I know I would like the Aimpoint. I did most of my research on AR15.com and found perhaps a slight bias in favor of the Eotech, from those who own both. Either way you can't go wrong. I selected the Eotech, just shipped from ebay yesterday. I can't say why I flipped and went with the Eotech. Perhaps it has a slightly better field of vision. Hopefully I'll get to the range next week and try it.
    Happy New Year
    Cheers
    Joe

PS
    The green furniture looks great.
    Thanks Joeren. I have heard the Aimpoint is better for co-witnessing but please send me an IM and let me know how you like the Eotech.

10. I have been told by those I trust that Eotech is not as good for older eyes. Almost a blur in the center of sight. I have not got one because of this and I really like the 533.

Kwo51

Quote Originally Posted by kwo51 View Post
    I have been told by those I trust that Eotech is not as good for older eyes. Almost a blur in the center of sight. I have not got one because of this and I really like the 533.
    I've read this as well. At least one person said that he had astigmatisms and that he could not use the Eotech. The Aimpoint was not a problem. I've had lasik surgery about seven years ago in which my primary problem was astigmatism. My optometrist said he can not even detect astigmatism in either of my eyes any longer. Although I still need reading glasses for close up vision. I hope this will not be an issue. If it is look for my Eotech on ebay.

Cheers
    Joe
    Sorry for the previous double post. I posted the first one with the picture and it didn't show up so I re-posted without the picture. Now they're both posted.

:o

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast