What would yyou do IF? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would yyou do IF?

It's ok, JJ. I read them here, and looked them up and read more about it, so I covered both ends. Another time through it and I should be ready for a quiz.

I always make myself aware of my surroundings and make sure I have a plan of action when I can forsee needing one, I just didn't associate it with anything other than my own thought process. The one difference is that I never thought about my awareness being off, especially at home. That's where the people I love are, and that's where I'm going to be more aware of something, wherever they are.

3. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    You're too nice a guy, CST...the old college professor in me thought it best for him to look it up himself. Oh well...your way's probably better. He won't have any excuse now, for not knowing these. I'll give him a pop quiz later and find out.
    Too rough on us youngsters ;) lol
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    It's ok, JJ. I read them here, and looked them up and read more about it, so I covered both ends. Another time through it and I should be ready for a quiz.
    Attaboy!

Here is some info on Jeff cooper who is usually given credit for coming up with the color codes. Before his death he wrote articles for many years for several gun magazines including Guns and Ammo as well as authoring a number of books.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Cooper_(Marine)
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

There are a few books reccomended from the site mentioned before. Do any of you guys with practical training and experience know anything about these books? I'm wondering if everything is covered in one of them, if there is one that should be avoided, or anything like that. I know that there's no such thing as too much training and information, I just want to make sure the information I'm getting is valid and practical.

I stay in Code Yellow! Not being paranoid, just serious situational awareness of my environment. While I don't go into towns at night and since live in country, I'm still Code Yellow. Always leave my self an out. Always park as close to front of a store as possible when I'm out during the day. Even going to the post office, I scan as I enter. Always stay away from large obstructions that could hide someone. Also, keep my distance from anyone wearing a hoodie (day workers around here wear them frequently in cool/cold weather) as well as anyone observed wearing clothing inappropriate for the weather. If there are people loitering around a convenience store, I come back later. Am always in Code Orange when entering a convenience store. At our place we have alarm systems that identify "position" of anyone coming in our driveway...they are sensitive and even identify barn cats... Since we are next to a US Highway...never know what or who may decide to come onto our place. Have had more than one person walk in (vehicle was supposedly disabled) on road who did not look "credible"...kept my sidearm visible with my hands on my hips and didn't let person get closer than 10 feet or so..."telegraphed" my message.

In our part of the country...probably 90% of the citizens have one or more guns either in their home, vehicle, and quite a few carry concealed. Our Sheriff's Dept is also pro-CC. Frequently are arrests in our area for drugs, B&E, parole violation, equipment thefts, etc. Don't get me wrong...we are not in a high crime area by any means, just "country" environment which the BG's sometimes think we're easy pickens...NOT!

8. Quote Originally Posted by Ga9mm View Post
    There are a few books reccomended from the site mentioned before. Do any of you guys with practical training and experience know anything about these books? I'm wondering if everything is covered in one of them, if there is one that should be avoided, or anything like that. I know that there's no such thing as too much training and information, I just want to make sure the information I'm getting is valid and practical.
    I've received some good training, and I really enjoy articles published by reputable trainers such as Mr. Cooper, or Mr. Ayoob. While these books can provide a good guideline NOTHING and I mean NOTHING can compare with in person instruction. Believe it or not the NRA Course REFUSE TO BE A VICTIM is awesome.. If you're new to firearm ownership, or carrying a firearm i've heard nothing but great things about FRONT SIGHT training.

Check them out at www.Frontsight.com their web prices are kinda high but you can buy a certificate on Ebay for around $200...5 days worth of training for under $200 can't be beat...
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

very helpfull

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12