Police Confirm 1 Dead In UPMC Hospital Shooting
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Police Confirm 1 Dead In UPMC Hospital Shooting

Police Confirm 1 Dead In UPMC Hospital Shooting

I'd love to know who stopped the shooter! I know that hospitals are on many states off limits list. Does anyone know if this is true in PA?

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...61/detail.html

CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Pennsylvania State Police are at the scene of a shooting inside UPMC Northwest Regional Hospital in Cranberry Township, Venango County, about an hour and a half north of Pittsburgh.

Police are only saying that shots were fired inside the hospital and that a suspect is dead.

Police would not say how the suspect died or whether there were any other injuries.

Update

http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...61/detail.html

CRANBERRY TOWNSHIP, Pa. -- Pennsylvania State Police said two people were killed in an apparent murder-suicide inside UPMC Northwest Regional Hospital in Cranberry Township, Venango County, about an hour and a half north of Pittsburgh.

According to police, Robert Riddle, 75, of Oil City, shot and killed his ailing wife before killing himself.

At this time, police have not said what 74-year-old Shirley Riddle's illness was.

4. Oh Lord... :(

ALWAYS carry! ~ NEVER tell!

We just had a guy shoot himself in the parking lot of the community hospital in New Port Richey.

NO STINKIN WAY! I thought you were not suppose to have a gun on any hospital property! Don't people know that you can get in trouble for taking a gun to a hospital?
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Thanks.
    Now I have something to show my state legislators that illustrates my point tht hospitals and churches should not be on the no gun list.
    First and formost,of course,this is a tragedy and I am saddened by it.

Years ago

I worked at Grady Hospital in Atlanta and about half our security people were armed. We had gunfire inside the building a couple of times a year - gangs would follow ambulances to try and finish the job, domestic fights continuing the same way, etc. Lots of tragedy around hospitals.
    Reality, DEAL with IT!

9. I work in an ER and, unfortunately here in MO, hospitals are off-limits (to us GG's, anyway). It's pretty scary the number of times our staff has been threatened with bodily harm by drunks/drug seekers/etc and then have to walk across a dimly lit parking lot after midnight to get to their cars. Yes, we have security guards, but they are mostly in their 60's and 70's and have several health problems. And no, they aren't armed either (not even Tazers or pepper spray). I'm really surprised we haven't had more violence so far. I can only hope that our lawmakers will someday come to their senses about "gun free zones."
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

I think as a whole things are getting better for us. Whether the lawmakers will ever understand that gun free zones do nothing but increase the risk of violence I doubt. I am afraid there are too many groups fighting it. We must let our legislature know what the majority want. Perhaps if enough people voice their opinions the government might even care.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

When I met my wife, she worked in a hospital..she was raped in their parking lot..she really thought she was going to die that night! So much for security, eh?
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast