28 rules of survival

Thread: 28 rules of survival

1. 28 rules of survival

1. Forget about knives, bats and fists. Bring a gun. Preferably, bring at least two guns. Bring all of your friends who have guns. Bring four times the ammunition you think you could ever need.

2. Anything worth shooting is worth shooting twice. Ammunition is cheap - life is expensive. If you shoot inside, buckshot is your friend. A new wall is cheap - funerals are expensive

3. Only hits count. The only thing worse than a miss is a slow miss.

4. If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough or using cover correctly.

5. Move away from your attacker and go to cover. Distance is your friend.Bulletproof cover and diagonal or lateral movement are preferred.

6. If you can choose what to bring to a gunfight, bring a semi-automatic.

7. In ten years nobody will remember the details of caliber, stance, or tactics. They will only remember who lived.

8. If you are not shooting, you should be communicating, reloading, and running.
    Yell "Fire!" Why "Fire", cops will come with the Fire Department, sirens often scare off the bad guys, or at least cause then to lose concentration and will....and who is going to summon help if you yell "Intruder?"

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.

10. Someday someone may kill you with your own gun, but they should have to beat you to death with it because it is empty.

11. Stretch the rules. Always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

12. Have a plan.

13. Have a back-up plan, because the first one may not work. "No battle plan ever survives 10 seconds past first contact with an enemy."

14. Use cover or concealment as much as possible, but remember, sheetrock walls and the like stop nothing but your pulse when bullets tear through them.

15. Flank your adversary when possible. Protect yours.

16. Don't drop your guard.

17. Always tactical load and threat scan 360 degrees. Practice reloading one-handed and off-hand shooting. That's how you live if hit in your "good" side.

18. Watch their hands. Hands kill, smiles, frowns and other facial expressions don't.
    In God we trust, everyone else keep your hands where I can see them.

19. Decide NOW to always be aggressive ENOUGH, quickly ENOUGH.

20. The faster you finish the fight, the less shot you will get.

21. Be polite, be professional. Have a plan to kill everyone you meet if necessary, because they may
    want to kill you.

22. Be courteous to everyone, overly friendly to no one.

23. Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.

24. Use a gun that works EVERY TIME. "All skill is in vain when an Angel blows the powder from the flintlock of your musket." At a practice session, throw you gun into the mud, then make sure it still works.
    You can clean it later.

25. Practice shooting in the dark, with someone shouting at you, when out of breath, etc.

26. Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being.
    It is better to be sad than to be room temperature.

27. The only thing you EVER say afterwards is, "He said he was going to kill me. I believed him. I'm sorry, Officer, but I'm very upset now. I can't say anything more, please speak with my attorney."

28. Never be unarmed.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

ClearSightTactical I Love it . How much does your State charge for an F. I. D. When I first got my FID & Not my LTC The F.I.D. was free and was (according to them) Never in need of renewal. Well a couple of years later they put an expiration date on the new FID's So I called the PD and asked whats the deal . Oh yes you have to renew now. How I ask . Oh you just come on down we will take care of it here OK I said, Great I thought so I went down to the PD.Can I help you sir? Yes Sir I think you can I'm here to renew my FID. We only do that on Tuesdays and Thursdays.Are you the guy that called us this morning (4 hours ago?) he asks . Why yes I am are you the officer I talked to? Why officer did you tell me to "Just come on down" when today is Monday' Oh did I say that? . You sure did and it was on a recorded line according to the recoding . HMMM Well, hell ,I might have huh ? No might about it you did. I drove 25 miles to get here. 50 round trip for an FID I was told 2 years ago I would never need to renew. So can we do it today or not . What part of Tuesday and Thursday do you not understand Mister?. Ok Im thinking this Bozo is testing me to see if I will snap or something I was on to him pronto . I turn around and bowed out I waited a month and went back. The same 2 kids sitting behind the desk. Bla Bla Bla Then the guy says OK that will be 5 dollars, I said WHAT? what happened to free When I got this it was free WTF? He say's "insultingly" when was that 20 years ago? I said in fact it was so I paid it and bowed out . Well sometime ,I'm not sure when or how but the renewal fee went from free "For an FID" to $2 dollars to $5, then to$ 20 then a leap of faith to $100.00 phucking dollars. Well screw that I can not afford to pay that right now and I wont . Nor will I get rid of my gun's So seems to me this good ole state of Ma. is trying to price people right out of there right to own. How can the do this and why didnt the people have a chance to vote on this . Seems to me this is an issue to be voted on not just pass as a bill and put into affect . I'm pissed off

Ironheart -
    They have done this because nobody has complained about it..
    So it sounds like you are riled up enough, sounds like it's time to exercise the democratic process. welcome to the grass roots...
    Go and contact the people who did this.. Contact the commissioner of the department that issues the licenses, contact your legislators, contact the governor, etc. etc..
    Find your gun friends in your state (Including the ones on this site from your state) and get them to do the same.. Contact your local 2nd Amendment clubs and talk to them about the situation. Type up a letter that you can distribute (paper and electronic) and give it to these friends. I find people are much more likely to actually contact people if you have done most of the leg work for them.. Addresses (both physical and e-mail) and phone numbers. If you squawk enough, they may at least leave it alone where it is and not keep doing the same old because nobody complained last time..
    Don't be afraid to call the people, then send them an e-mail, then send them a letter in the mail.. Different people are likely to deal with each of these mediums of contact and the more squawking the better..

IMHO

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

9. Accuracy is relative: most combat shooting standards will be more dependent on "pucker factor" than the inherent accuracy of the gun.
    I think this one says more than all the others combined.

Quote Originally Posted by FN1910 View Post
    I think this one says more than all the others combined.
    No doubt. I have been told by several instructors that, under extreme pressure, you will, at best, only shoot about 50% as accurately as you do at the range. That's why everyone needs to train, train, train. IMHO, if you're carrying, and NOT training consistently, you're asking for big trouble.

Never be unarmed.
    Your number one option for personal security is a lifelong commitment to avoidance, deterrence, and de-escalation.
    Stretch the rules. Always win. The only unfair fight is the one you lose.

To me these may be the three most important. 1. If possible I want to avoid a confrontation. Scripture puts it this way, "If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men. Romans 12:18 2. If I can't avoid a confrontation then I want to win. Fair fights are for fiction movies. 3. Never be unarmed. I am not clairvoyant. I can't predict when I may need my gun so the only alternative is to be armed at all times.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7