Shall Issue Effort in NJ - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Shall Issue Effort in NJ

another signer.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Did everybody receive an email response? Seems like a canned response...but does mention that I'm from PA

Thank you very much for favoring me with your E-mail respecting my proposed Concealed Carry legislation.

As you probably know, I am the prime sponsor of this legislation. As I enter my eighth term in the Assembly, I will be introducing this proposal for the eighth time. Not once has it ever received the courtesy of a hearing before the relevant committee.

Nonetheless, I am delighted to hear from folks advocating for freedom. Far too often, the only voices we Legislators hear are those arguing for bigger, more intrusive government, or those demanding something they have not earned, at the expense of their neighbors.

Unfortunately, New Jersey is one of the small minority of states which denies its citizens their fundamental right to bear arms in their own defense. Sadly, far too many of our legislators believe, passionately, that only governmental officials can be trusted with firearms. And, for the time being, these folks control the levers of power.

While your post makes a compelling case for this proposal, the studies and statistics you cite, which unequivocally demonstrate the merits of this legislation, simply make no impression on those whose opposition is rooted in fear and ideology. Unfortunately, “no brainer” is often a very accurate description of New Jersey legislative action. I truly believe that we will not see much in the way of advancement of freedom here in New Jersey until such time as we replace the present group of anti-freedom officeholders with advocates of freedom. Towards that end, folks who support freedom need to seek office, and freedom advocates need to vote for – as well as financially support – candidates who agree.

Nonetheless, I have confidence that, even in New Jersey, common sense will, at some point, prevail. Sooner or later, the merits of this legislation will become so patent that not even folks like Jon Corzine and Loretta Weinberg will dare oppose it.

Again, thank you very much for taking the time to write.

mpcarroll

PS nice to see someone from PA take an active interest in the freedom of NJ residents. Would that more of our own residents were so concerned.

mpc

4. I got the same response...including about not being in NJ
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

I got the same email too. Kinda caught me off guard.

6. 394! Goal is 1,000.

7. 562!

NJ is a shall issue now, and most shall not get it.... BUT victory of this will be sweet..
    pray for us in NJ

Signed.
    Here is an interesting article written about the problems in may issue states. Be a Good Victim | David Rittgers | Cato Institute: Commentary
    Peace through superior firepower.

10. Quote Originally Posted by RoastedTurkey View Post
    Signed.
    Here is an interesting article written about the problems in may issue states. Be a Good Victim | David Rittgers | Cato Institute: Commentary
    That's a great article.

I tried to upload this flyer but I couldn't get it to work, so I am posting a link to another site that has it:

NJCSD Forums - View Single Post - Petition for CCW Reform in NJ

This is a flyer that has instructions on how to go on line to sign the petition. It can be placed at gun clubs, gun stores, VFW, etc. ...if anyone feels so inclined.

I printed out 100 copies and dropped them off at 2 local gun stores. They were both very appreciative and we had a good conversation about CCW and gun laws in general in NJ. They both thanked me for taking the effort to do so.

The count is up to 665.

Smity

Gregg Revell

What was the final outcome of Revell v. Port Authority?
    Orlando, FL

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast