Trend toward more liberal gun laws

Thread: Trend toward more liberal gun laws

Trend toward more liberal gun laws

I don't think this has been posted yet:

Tenn. demonstrates trend of looser guns laws - Life- msnbc.com

bill

Perhaps you misnamed this thread. The article that you linked to demonstrates how gun laws are becoming "looser", not more liberal.

Either way, to quote Martha Stewart, "It's a good thing."
    Hopefully we can get back to the constitutional republic that our ancestors fought and died for, without having to fight and die for it again. I'm getting tired of living in the twilight zone.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    Perhaps you misnamed this thread. The article that you linked to demonstrates how gun laws are becoming "looser", not more liberal.
    I fully understand that the term "liberal" may have a negative connotation with regrds to political viewpoints, and I actually did debate whether to use that term. But I think my use of the term is correct. I found a fairly wide variety of definitions and descriptions of the term "liberal, but it includes these:

not strict; free
    liberal - definition of liberal by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, from liber free;
    liberal - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible,
    Origin:
    132575; ME < L līberālis of freedom, befitting the free, equiv. to līber free + -ālis -al1
    Liberal Definition | Definition of Liberal at Dictionary.com

Note that both liberal and liberty share the common root origin, liber

Well, that's enough of the linguistics lecture, now we can go back to talking about guns.

bill

There are those who believe that once a state goes 'Shall Issue CCW' further gun control becomes almost impossible. This may be the case; compare what's happening in the 40 shall issue states to what's going on in NY, CA, NJ, etc...
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

I fear this is is like foreplay. Gets you feeling good, then WATCH OUT. Hope I'm wrong, but there are just too many in the present government that hate the 2nd Amendment for me not to be concerned.
    Good Luck!!!
    John
    http://www.packing4life.com

Quote Originally Posted by billwot View Post
    I fully understand that the term "liberal" may have a negative connotation with regrds to political viewpoints, and I actually did debate whether to use that term. But I think my use of the term is correct. I found a fairly wide variety of definitions and descriptions of the term "liberal, but it includes these:

not strict; free
    liberal - definition of liberal by the Free Online Dictionary, Thesaurus and Encyclopedia.

Etymology: Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Latin liberalis suitable for a freeman, generous, from liber free;
    liberal - Definition from the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary

favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible,
    Origin:
    1325–75; ME < L līberālis of freedom, befitting the free, equiv. to līber free + -ālis -al1
    Liberal Definition | Definition of Liberal at Dictionary.com

Note that both liberal and liberty share the common root origin, liber

Well, that's enough of the linguistics lecture, now we can go back to talking about guns.

bill

Your use of the word "Liberal" is correct. Our political Liberal foes are liberal because they want to loosen the U.S. Constitution and basterdize it. Recall Bill Clinton, "I feel the Constitution should be a living, breathing document." Conservatives on the other hand, want to conserve the Constitution and keep in tact as our forefathers intended. Case in point....LIBERALS have a liberal view of the 2nd Ammendment....and what they actually have a problem with is reading comprehension!!! What part of "Shall Not Be Infringed", do they not understand? Hope that clears up the whole Liberal thing.