NEW S&W M&P 9c JAMS!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: NEW S&W M&P 9c JAMS!!

NEW S&W M&P 9c JAMS!!

I'm a little pissed to say the least...

My new S&W M&P9c semi-auto handgun jammed after 3 or 4 shots spaced about 5 seconds apart! Tried 2 different magazines...same problem. Tried Remington UMC rounds as well as Hornady Critical Defense rounds in both magazines. Same problem.

The 3rd or 4th fired shell failed to eject. Was a real "BitXX" to get the gun unjammed, & unloaded.

Does anyone have any ideas? Any similar experiences with this gun?

P.S. I'm taking it back to the dealer tomorrow. Hope it can be "fixed" easily; otherwise, may have to send back to S&W and hope I get it back this year...lol.

Thanks!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Running Arrow Bill View Post
    I'm a little pissed to say the least...

My new S&W M&P9c semi-auto handgun jammed after 3 or 4 shots spaced about 5 seconds apart! Tried 2 different magazines...same problem. Tried Remington UMC rounds as well as Hornady Critical Defense rounds in both magazines. Same problem.

The 3rd or 4th fired shell failed to eject. Was a real "BitXX" to get the gun unjammed, & unloaded.

Does anyone have any ideas? Any similar experiences with this gun?

P.S. I'm taking it back to the dealer tomorrow. Hope it can be "fixed" easily; otherwise, may have to send back to S&W and hope I get it back this year...lol.

Thanks!
    I've sent several guns back to Smith over the years. Their turnaround time is about 2-3 weeks-beginning to end. They're very good.

Should have bought a Glock... It is the ONLY semi-auto that I am comfortable with as a defensive firearm. There are plenty of other nice guns out there that work well. However, when my life depends on it, it absolutely HAS to be a Glock. The only M&P handgun I would even consider buying is their revolver.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Glockster20 View Post
    Should have bought a Glock... It is the ONLY semi-auto that I am comfortable with as a defensive firearm. There are plenty of other nice guns out there that work well. However, when my life depends on it, it absolutely HAS to be a Glock. The only M&P handgun I would even consider buying is their revolver.
    LMAO! I was about to make a comment of "easy fix, return it and buy a Glock". That being said I carry a Glock or Kimber...

Glock's are arguably the most reliable semi-auto pistol available. Especially for the money, a weapon you can bet your life on for under $650 is awesome. However, 1911's after break in are just as reliable (again, arguably) but to match Glock reliability you have to pay for a good quality 1911 and around 500 rounds of ammo for break in then about 100 hollowpoints..

Combat ready/bet your life on/to hell and back reliability (sorry SIG fans) it has to be a Glock.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Arguably being the operative word here. I got my first Glock, G19, a few months ago and I love it, now my daily carry gun. That said, over 23 years of carrying and shooting a wide variety of pistols, I have never had a pistol jam or otherwise malfunction. Maybe I have been lucky, but Beretta, Smith, Sig, and now Glock, have all functioned just fine.

7. Quote Originally Posted by sargespd View Post
    Arguably being the operative word here. I got my first Glock, G19, a few months ago and I love it, now my daily carry gun. That said, over 23 years of carrying and shooting a wide variety of pistols, I have never had a pistol jam or otherwise malfunction. Maybe I have been lucky, but Beretta, Smith, Sig, and now Glock, have all functioned just fine.
    You're either very lucky or don't shoot much...(not trying to insult you lol)

In my experience every weapon will at some point malfunction- some more than others..
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

S&W Jams

Agree, the Glock is awsome! On other hand, I do not like their safety features.

That said, My primary is a Baretta 96. Never had a failure of any kind in over 1000 rounds.

I got the S&W 9mm for a compact backup that was easy to conceal plus has a positive manual safety.

Am in process of contacting a S&W repair shop as well as S&W direct.

Still would like to have any comments from users of the S&W M&P 9c

Thanks,
    Bill

9. Quote Originally Posted by Running Arrow Bill View Post
    Agree, the Glock is awsome! On other hand, I do not like their safety features.

That said, My primary is a Baretta 96. Never had a failure of any kind in over 1000 rounds.

I got the S&W 9mm for a compact backup that was easy to conceal plus has a positive manual safety.

Am in process of contacting a S&W repair shop as well as S&W direct.

Still would like to have any comments from users of the S&W M&P 9c

Thanks,
    Bill
    Just some friendly ribbing, that's all. The M&P is actually replacing Glock's in some cities (pd contract). To be fair- if you make 10k or more of anything you're bound to have a bad one...

10. I have two M&Ps a 40c and the 9mm and both have worked with out any problems. I love both and when I do not have my Kimber on me its one of the M&Ps the 40 compact mostly. I hope you get it worked out.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

S&W Jam

Update!

May be justice in the world after all! LOL!

Wife called S&W this AM. Actually spoke to someone immediately who spoke USA English! Yeah!!

They're mailing me a pre-paid FedEx label to send the M&P 9mm back for service and/or replace.

Will keep y'all posted on progress...

Bill

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast