Another class at Frontsight - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Another class at Frontsight

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Yeah, I'm very lucky in that I have a free place to stay in Vegas (family live there), free transportation. I bit the bullet and purchased a lifetime membership at FS (which I got a deal on), so I just basically need to spend bucks for airline ticket and ammo. A number of people I met flew in as a group so they share motel and transportation expenses. Maybe you can go that route.
    I looked at the life memberships but I wouldn't be able to afford to go out there enough to pay for it.

By the way do they let you use your handloads there? That would save me a TON.....
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

3. Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    That's a good idea. Maybe if we get enough people we could do a USACARRY only class. That be a blast.
    That would be awesome. I don't know what would be better. Slinging lead down range or the political conversations, and damn-obama bumper stickers!
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Kimber, I don't know about hand loads, but I suspect not. Can't say for sure, tho.

CST, if you provide ammo at cost, I'd be willing to donate say $100.00 to help defray the cost for a USACarry brother/sister to attend FS. Maybe a younger member with young kids, where money is tight. I don't know how we'd administer this fund or choose the member, tho. What do you think about this general idea? It'd be cool if we could send someone once per year, or something.

5. Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Kimber, I don't know about hand loads, but I suspect not. Can't say for sure, tho.

CST, if you provide ammo at cost, I'd be willing to donate say $100.00 to help defray the cost for a USACarry brother/sister to attend FS. Maybe a younger member with young kids, where money is tight. I don't know how we'd administer this fund or choose the member, tho. What do you think about this general idea? It'd be cool if we could send someone once per year, or something.
    I think if we confronted Frontsight and wanted to setup some tiered level attendance we'd be able to have an even split..also its been my experience that if you mention you're with a specific board they might see it as free advertising (ie: all of us raving about it)

Say they're willing to train 5-9 of us for ____ each or 10-14 for ___ each then we can just combine the total cost + ammo and lodging/food, etc then divide it evenly upon all of us. There is discounts in numbers so we could probably get discounts from hotels if we plan on renting 5+ rooms rather than each of us booking separately.

It would be nice to have a big group, again big discounts in #'s
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    Ya that's kinda what I figured. Since they have no way of knowing were you bought them from or how much experience you have reloading must school won't allow it.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    I think if we confronted Frontsight and wanted to setup some tiered level attendance we'd be able to have an even split..also its been my experience that if you mention you're with a specific board they might see it as free advertising (ie: all of us raving about it)

Say they're willing to train 5-9 of us for ____ each or 10-14 for ___ each then we can just combine the total cost + ammo and lodging/food, etc then divide it evenly upon all of us. There is discounts in numbers so we could probably get discounts from hotels if we plan on renting 5+ rooms rather than each of us booking separately.

It would be nice to have a big group, again big discounts in #'s
    This would be a ton of fun! I'll try and find some time to contact FS about this shortly, unless you're raring to go right now.

Frontsight has some good people out there.

Never attended their classes, but have read good reports.

I'm interested more in your training dial up.
    "When a government robs Peter to pay Paul it will alway's have the support of Paul" George Bernard Shaw

Way over a year ago, I was one of the lucky winners of a 4 day FS course certificate back when Luke was doing his monthly drawings. I still haven't used it, but I want to go on record to say that I will never sell it on Ebay.

If something gets organized for a USACarrry event, I would seriously consider using it then.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12