Frontsight Interest?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Frontsight Interest?

Frontsight Interest?

I just came back from a 2-day Skills Builder class at Frontsight, Nevada and relayed my experience in another thread. Several folks expressed interest in attending Frontsight perhaps as a USACarry group, which would be a lot of fun (meet the folks you've been yakking to on this site, have a great time together at Frontsight). So...

I contacted Frontsight about the possibility and this is what I found (if I understood everything correctly):

1) Any first-time student for $500 can purchase a certificate to attend the 4-day defensive handgun course. Conversely, the same certificate could be used by 2 people to attend the 2-day defensive course.

2) For $900, you can purchase 2 certificates and get a 3rd one free (so, here, 3 people could pitch in $300 a piece). After this initial purchase of $900, each additional certificate is $300.

I believe I understood FS to say that all students who purchase/split these certificates must attend the same course at the same time. That's ok, cause that's what we're trying to do, here.

So, it seems to me that if we put a group together to go to Frontsight, we could get the course for $250-$300 a pop, assuming most of the group are 1st-time students Seems like a good deal to me. Transportation and hotel expenses could also be shared.

If ayone is interested, let me know on this thread, and I'll try to put this together (unless someone else likes doing this kind of crap!). FYI, I'm a life-member at Fronsight which means two things: I obviously recommend FS and I won't need to pay $300. We'd have to coordinate and pick dates and all that, but it could be a hoot.

Interest?

My brother and I and our wives are members of Frontsight. I think it would be a good experience and a lot of fun.

$300 sounds like a great price. I'd love to try it out I just have to make sure I have the money for ammo and a plane ticket.

Any rough idea on a date?
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

A little clarification on point # 2 please. For $300 is that for a 2 day or a 4 day certificate? If it for a 2 day, and I could split the 4 day that I have with someone, I might consider it. I would need to see proposed dates before commiting. I would be driving, so winter weather would be a consideration.

6. I joined as well.

7. Quote Originally Posted by LiveBlues View Post
    A little clarification on point # 2 please. For $300 is that for a 2 day or a 4 day certificate? If it for a 2 day, and I could split the 4 day that I have with someone, I might consider it. I would need to see proposed dates before commiting. I would be driving, so winter weather would be a consideration.
    1 $300 certificate will provide the following:

1 Person a 4-day course
    OR
    2 people a 2 day course each

So you could "split" the 4 day course with someone, making the cost of a 2 day course $150 per person
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    1 $300 certificate will provide the following:

1 Person a 4-day course
    OR
    2 people a 2 day course each

So you could "split" the 4 day course with someone, making the cost of a 2 day course $150 per person
    Thanks for the info. I guess that my post was a little vague. I already have a 4 day course certificate. If this is to be a 2 day course, and I decide to attend it, I would be more than happy to split the certificate with someone else. Since it was free for me, it would be free for them as well.

9. Quote Originally Posted by LiveBlues View Post
    Thanks for the info. I guess that my post was a little vague. I already have a 4 day course certificate. If this is to be a 2 day course, and I decide to attend it, I would be more than happy to split the certificate with someone else. Since it was free for me, it would be free for them as well.
    I'm pretty sure your existing 4 day cert can be split with someone else
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

10. Also- I'm providing ammo at dealer price (absolutely no mark up) to people who want to attend this, I have pretty good stock levels so even if ammo is hard to find in your area I can order it for the class.

Several folks have mentioned the date. So, let's see if we can start to narrow it down. I'm flexible altho I would prefer something like late April. I'm a CPA, so tax time gets pretty hectic. Also, Jan and Feb might not get you the best weather. Last week was some tough weather (hgh 30s, low 40s, wet), although I"m told the norm is usually high 50s, low 60s but you can't count on it. Went last April and it was beautiful weather (high 70s, low 80s).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast