Dreams??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dreams???

Quote Originally Posted by slow9000aero View Post
    ...with me punching the chief of Police in the face in a dark alley, the really weird part was the Chief of Police was James Cromwell. And I really do like James Cromwell, which makes it all the more strange, if I was punching Mr. Oxy Clean it would all make sense, but whatever.
    James Cromwell is freakishly tall. Most people probably couldn't even reach him. He'd just pat them on the head and laugh. :D

Any dream I would have of Mr Cromwell would be him standing in front of me repeating his line from the Green Mile, "What in the blue blaze **** was that?!"..
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Yea, nearest I can figure, one of his movies must have come on the TV while I was asleep, and my brain heard the voice and included him in the dream....... could have been the tequila.

Can't remember the specifics, but in all of my 'gun' dreams, operation has always been a problem. Can't pull the trigger, can't draw, gun is empty, bullets do no damage, and the like. Disturbing to say the least. Don't have them to often so who knows why I have them at all.

Arrow Interesting...

My Website: Nerd with a .45

Quote Originally Posted by skipjack_1st View Post
    Can't remember the specifics, but in all of my 'gun' dreams, operation has always been a problem. Can't pull the trigger, can't draw, gun is empty, bullets do no damage, and the like. Disturbing to say the least. Don't have them to often so who knows why I have them at all.

I've been carrring for over a year now and the only other dream I had was were the bullets were hitting but not stopping the attack. So I guess one a year is not bad! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Danno View Post

Interesting article! Thanks for posting. Not sure how much scientific backing this theory has but I did have an experience like that once. I was coming home from a friendís college graduation on my sportbike. We were going a little fast, around 100mph when a rod let go. I lost all my oil pressure and the engine, tranny, and rear wheel locked at about 90 mph. My very first reaction was head to the median and bail into the grass. Then all of a sudden I felt very calm and in control. I was then able to skid the bike, from the left lane of a major high way, over 3 lanes of traffic and to a stop on the shoulder.

Quote Originally Posted by Puppy View Post
    Well I had this dream, where an armed gang broke in my doors, held me at gun point and demanded I have sex with them. The gang consisted of Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Jessica Alba. Sandra Bullock, and Halle Berry.

I wanted to fight for my honor but somehow just couldn't do it!:D
    What did you eat before you went to bed that night?? I'd like to have it for dinner tonight! lol

We have 300 to 1,000 threat dreams per year ó one to four per night and just under half are aggressive encounters: physical aggression such as fistfights, and nonphysical aggression such as verbal arguments.
    Those probably aren't ones that I usually remember. I don't know about anyone else, but I only remember one "threat dream" per month, if that many. Usually my dreams are just a mashup of what actually happened during the day, or something bizarre, like my friend turns into a winged frog and then it starts snowing (it rarely snows in Florida).

I've definitely noticed the "calmness in a disaster" thing that they mentioned, though. Another interesting thing is that if you repeat the same stressful thing enough in real life, you become able to handle it calmly, but in real time.

Last night, I was in Home Depot in my underwear and had to pee..the only threat to me was being embarassed by wetting on the floor..told ya, I have weird ones, all the time!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast