Dreams???
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dreams???

Dreams???

Just wondered if any of you guys have ever had a dream were you had to use your weapon? I had a strange one last night.

I was in some kind of dinner looking restaurant. I wasn't seated, just standing next to the register. I looked to my left just in time to see some guy pull out an AK47 and start firing. I told the person next to me to get down as I drew my pistol. The guy is backing toward me so I raised my Kimber and pulled the trigger. Nothing! Not even a click. Just then the guy spins see my, looks surprised, and falls to the floor up against a table. I instantly racked the slide seeing a live round eject from the chamber. Seeing this the bad guy raised his rifle. I pulled the trigger again. Bang. I see the round hit, bad guy drops his rifle and I wake up.

Kinda strange.

3. I haven't had any that I remember since I've started carrying (about 4 months now), but I used to have several of the "home invasion" variety. You know, the ones where you're in your underwear and someone is coming at you. You grab a rifle/shotgun/pistol (depending on your version of the dream) and pull the trigger only to hear a click or watch the bullet bounce harmlessly off the BG. Then Angelina Jolie shows up....oh wait, wrong dream :o.
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Just wondered if any of you guys have ever had a dream were you had to use your weapon? I had a strange one last night.

I was in some kind of dinner looking restaurant. I wasn't seated, just standing next to the register. I looked to my left just in time to see some guy pull out an AK47 and start firing. I told the person next to me to get down as I drew my pistol. The guy is backing toward me so I raised my Kimber and pulled the trigger. Nothing! Not even a click. Just then the guy spins see my, looks surprised, and falls to the floor up against a table. I instantly racked the slide seeing a live round eject from the chamber. Seeing this the bad guy raised his rifle. I pulled the trigger again. Bang. I see the round hit, bad guy drops his rifle and I wake up.

Kinda strange.
    Well Kimber here is hoping that dream never comes true.
    An armed society is a polite society.

no, would hope for better ones,:)

DJ58

All kinds of psycology has gone into the minds of cops and how they respond to carry. I would bet that all people with a mind set stop the threat have some sort of stress involved with this. The sheep dog must think like a sheep and a protector. The sheep don't even have to think, just follow.

I never seem to have my weapon in dreams. Occasionally I have a gun, or knife (none of mine; some anonymous one), or whatever, but it rarely seems to have any effect. It's a good thing that's not real life.

I have had dreams where I get robbed or taken at gunpoint, and get a very realistic stress reaction. Everything slows down, I start sweating, reaction is difficult, etc. That's been useful in trying to overcome that same sensation in a variety of situations.

I NEVER have any normal dreams like that..mine are "wierd"..such as talking cows, walking petunias, planet of the apes type stuff..don't ever recall having to defend myself or others, except maybe in a food fight or something like that.
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

Well I had this dream, where an armed gang broke in my doors, held me at gun point and demanded I have sex with them. The gang consisted of Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, Jessica Alba. Sandra Bullock, and Halle Berry.

I wanted to fight for my honor but somehow just couldn't do it!:D

Sick puppy,Sit and stay.Leave that bone alone.

I have to agree with the Doc, my dreams always seem to be the most outlandish series of events my brain can muster. The most realistic one I've ever had started with me on a date and ended with me punching the chief of Police in the face in a dark alley, the really weird part was the Chief of Police was James Cromwell. And I really do like James Cromwell, which makes it all the more strange, if I was punching Mr. Oxy Clean it would all make sense, but whatever.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast