Favorite firearm related quotes. - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Favorite firearm related quotes.

"When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation...and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act." -- Marko Kloos
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    "When I carry a gun, I don't do so because I am looking for a fight, but because I'm looking to be left alone. The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded. I don't carry it because I'm afraid, but because it enables me to be unafraid. It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force. It removes force from the equation...and that's why carrying a gun is a civilized act." -- Marko Kloos
    well said sir!!!

4. Movie Favorite

Hi, Kids! I'm the new guy... and just had to post my favorite movie quote:
    "When you have to shoot... shoot. Don't talk."
    - Tuco (Eli Wallach) in "The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly"

Talking mY FAVORITE GUN QUOTE

Why a .45? because they don't make a .46
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

SHOOT BACK FIRST. - unknown

From [I]We Were Soldiers[I]:
    Gibson: "Round trip by chopper one hour, that means the first 60 men on the ground will be there a half hour alone. Son of a *****. Maybe you ought to get yourself an M-16."
    Elliot: "Time comes I need one, sir, there'll be plenty of 'em lyin' on the ground."
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

Quote Originally Posted by hopnpop View Post
    SHOOT BACK FIRST. - unknown

From [I]We Were Soldiers[I]:
    Gibson: "Round trip by chopper one hour, that means the first 60 men on the ground will be there a half hour alone. Son of a *****. Maybe you ought to get yourself an M-16."
    Elliot: "Time comes I need one, sir, there'll be plenty of 'em lyin' on the ground."
    [edit] Just realized that could be taken differently than intended for those who aren't familar... Sam Elliot plays a hard-ass who swears by his 1911 and nothing else. They're planning on being dropped into hostle territory and Mel Gibson, Elliot's CO, recommends getting an M-16 - TO SUPPLIMENT HIS 1911

...and yes, "Tell 'em I'm comin' an' Hell's comin' with me!" IS a great one
    Don't do anything you wouldn't want to explain to the paramedics...

The problem with shooting every son of a ***** in the world just because he's a son of a ***** is that it's so hard to know where to stop.

Donald Hamilton, in one of his excellent Matt Helm novels.

"Whoever said that the pen is mightier than the sword obviously never encountered automatic weapons."

- General Douglas MacArthur

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."

- US Army Infantry Journal

I sig line someone on another forum uses that cracks me up every time;
    "If you ever shoot me with a .22 and I find out, I will kick your ass"
    "Work Hard, Do Your Best, Keep Your Word, Never Get Too Big For Your Britches, Trust In God and Never Forget a Friend. "

11. I like this one

‘‘Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.’’
    — Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," 1774-1776, quoting from On Crimes and Punishment, by criminologist Cesare Beccaria, 1764

I also enjoy a quote from Mr. Heston that went something like this:

"The doorway to freedom is framed in muskets"

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast