Could/should a CCW help a Police Officer? - Page 3
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Could/should a CCW help a Police Officer?

1. Quote Originally Posted by RugerP345 View Post
    Situation #2 is a little different ..."the suspect charged the cruiser and pointed a gun at the officer, who was still behind the wheel". In this case, the officers life was in imminent danger. In the first example, the officer is going about regular business. Your scenario in the first incident did not indicate that the officer was in any imminent danger, simply that he had the suspects at gunpoint. In the second scenario the officer is being "charged" (attacked) and the suspect is pointing a gun at the officer. who is in a position of vulnerability (still seated).

If you can't see the difference between a BG sitting in a vehicle with a gun in the rear Vs. a badguy charging you with a gun pointed at you then I recommend a refresher course.

I think he's pointing out the non-LEO joined a pursuit, not the actions following...
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    I think he's pointing out the a non-LEO joined a pursuit, not the actions following...
    exactly...hence the bolded portion...

4. Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    exactly...hence the bolded portion...

lmao
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

Being a reserve S.O. Deputy, I would take cover and engage the BGs with my handgun, on or off duty.

If I wasn't a LEO and had a firearm with me, I would do the same. I will not stand around and watch a Officer get gunned down. Unless he is Jason Bourne, he will have problems with 4 bad guys shooting at him.

Training scenario? not likely, there would be police barricades and yellow police tape around the perimeter, or something would be there to alert people to the training.

The Post, Houston, TX
    In the finest tradition of armed citizens who take on crime in their communities, Texan Travis Neel helped save a wounded Harris County deputy sheriff's life. Witnessing the shooting by one of a trio of Houston gang members after a traffic stop just west of Houston, Neel--who was on his way to his pistol range--pulled his gun and fired, driving the officer's assailants away. An off-duty sheriff's deputy also came on the scene and joined Neel in covering the deputy, whose life was saved by his body armor. The trio was captured after a manhunt.

I work at the same Dept. I was in Communications, but I was off that day. One of the gang members hid in the back seat area of the SUV and later jumped out and started shooting at the Deputy. He pulled his gun and returned fire and his Glock jammed on him. He crawled under his police car to try and avoid the rounds. He was hit a couple of times. The citizen pulls up and steps out with, i believe, a CZ 75 9mm and shoots at the gang. They take off running into the neighborhood. an off duty deputy comes running up to aid the wounded deputy. a Massive manhunt ensued and they found the bad guys.

The Citizen got an award for saving the Deputy and I believe a Winchester Rep. presented him with a case of 9mm cartridges so he can practice his markmenship. He did scare off the attackers, but he didn't hit a single one of them.

6. Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel View Post
    He pulled his gun and returned fire and his Glock jammed on him.
    I call B.S!

lol jk

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    I call B.S!

lol jk

Lemme guess, he couldn't disengage the safety.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Talking

The Glock jammed?!! What?!! How can this be? Oh, man, gotta check my piece...fire it some more....will it jam? What to do? What to do? Oh, wait...I shoot an XD...it's never jammed on me...whew!

Just couldn't resist poking all you "Glock snobs"! (Geez, jk, jk...lighten up!)

BTW, I'll help LEO whose under fire, any time, any place. Tis the right thing to do.

I was referring to the "live fire training exercise." It wasn't in bold letters, I don't understand where the "hence the bold" comment comes from, no need to snip. Maybe I should re-word my question: what is a live fire training exercise? Except for in the military, I was under the impression that training was conducted with "blanks." After researching, I find that there is that type of training with civilian agencies too, especially law enforcement. So, sorry, my bad, my ignorance.

... his Glock jammed on him.

I'm sure the glook fans will claim this is the first time in recorded history this has happened.

Should bought a sig.

In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

11. Quote Originally Posted by RugerP345 View Post
    I'm sure the glook fans will claim this is the first time in recorded history this has happened.

Should bought a sig.

:Looks down nose at Sig: it was operator error.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast