Could/should a CCW help a Police Officer? - Page 4
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Could/should a CCW help a Police Officer?

Quote Originally Posted by gdcleanfun View Post
    I was referring to the "live fire training exercise." It wasn't in bold letters, I don't understand where the "hence the bold" comment comes from, no need to snip. .

No...no snipping..."hence the bold" was a reply to Post #21 which was a reply to Post #18...nothing about your question/comments at all.

Quote Originally Posted by mrjam2jab View Post
    No...no snipping..."hence the bold" was a reply to Post #21 which was a reply to Post #18...nothing about your question/comments at all.
    Sorry, maybe my computer just doesn't show it. I see no bold. Oh well. NP. Moving on.

Yes, but very cautiously and only after asking or being requested to do so. There was an incident here where a Motorcycle Officer was being over powered by a local dirtbag, and they were struggling over his gun. The officer managed to get a shot off in the guys gut, but the struggle went on as if nothing had happened. A CCW Permitee arrived on the scene and the officer was calling for someone to help. The CCW guy, armed with a 45 auto warned the bad guy to let go of the officers gun or he would shoot. The bad guy continued and the officer yelled, shoot him, shoot him! The CCW guy fired a couple of rounds into the chest area, but he continued to fight. Finally the CCW guy put one in his head and he toppled over. There was the usual news stories about how the Choir Boy "victim" was on his way to the Red Cross to help crippled children and sang in the church choir 7 days a week and gave all of the money he made to feed the hungry and the usual Al Sharpton/ Jessie Jackass crap. But the officer and CCW Permitee were both cleared in the shoot. He was even given a civilian award of merit by the Police Dept.
    Whatever you do, understand that even undercover officers get killed occassionally by other cops responding to assist. Use caution, make it known that you're the good guy. Offer to help or respond to a request.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

In the hustle and bustle of an ongoing situation it is pretty much impossible to identify yourself satisfactorily as a good guy. Police show badges, but we have nothing that will readily identify us positively as an honest citizen. The HCP looks just like a drivers license and is too small to read at a distance. The problem here (in stated scenario) is that you are just another guy with a gun and you are not in uniform. The scenario would have to develop a lot further before I would whip out the J Frame and start blasting.

Sure....would love to be able to help. I guess it would depend on my proximity to the LEO, etc. You'd definitely want to let the LEO you were willing to help. I'm sure he / she wouldn't mind...but then you gotta think about arriving units on the scene, etc....being misidentified....

Quote Originally Posted by surfcc View Post
    I'm sure he / she wouldn't mind...
    He might even appreciate it enough to send a nice floral arrangement to the funeral home when you get your ass capped by the units arriving to assist officer with "men with a gun, shots fired" call. :)

In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    Police show badges, but we have nothing that will readily identify us positively as an honest citizen.
    OK. I couldn't resist it!

In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

This has been in my drawer since I had it made about 40 years ago. After I ordered it, I decide I did not need it.
    The people think the Second Amendment protects their rights;
    Government sees an obstacle to be over-come.
    NRA Life since 1966

If a cop needs help, I'll help.

11. New Mexico highway: Traffic Stop, NM State Police officer 'involved' in fight for his life. Truck driver intervened and arrest of Career Violent Repeat Offender, resulted.

2nd scenario: Same area. NM SP Officer killed by Career Violent Repeat Offender, due to NO passing motorist intervention.

3rd scenario: Veteran New Mexico State Police Officer, stopped suspects. Career Violent Repeat Offenders shot Officer, left him dying on Rt 66 west of ABQ. NO intervention by passing motorists (Witnessed the assailants vehicle U turn on my approach, saw his idling cruiser, did not witness assault, could not see his body) Career Violent Repeat Offenders, the black assailants hijacked an airliner and forced it to fly to Cuba. International incident resulted. Assailants never returned

4th scenario: New Mexico Sheriff Deputy, assaulted during routine traffic stop E of ABQ, killed by Career Violent Repeat Offender. No intervention by passing motorists in area.

Many more recorded...... BEFORE NM CCW became Popular, and increasingly common.
    NM Officers now Actively assist in Certified CCW training programs. Classrooms are in several Sheriffs offices. Only the Law Abiding Citizens Certify CCW.

"The Man With a Sword, is a Free Man, the Man without is... a Slave"..

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast