What made you decide to carry? - Page 10
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: What made you decide to carry?

This may sound corny...but I decided to carry after watching some of Alex Jones's documentaries on global imprisonment, and listening to a guy named Jack Spirko on The Survival Podcast. Survival Podcast.

Now let me clarify...I don't buy into everything Alex Jones says, but too much of what he has said over the years has been coming to pass recently, and very blatantly, I might add. It's like **** Morris said, "those guys with all their wacky conspiracy theories that we've always made fun of...turns out, they're right".

That's why I carry. And thankfully in AZ, there are no permits to open carry, so that's what I do. I will be needing one of those t-shirts that says "Ask me about your right to carry" (2XL)

I think every state should secede from Washington, DC, then we'll have them surrounded.

3. Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Y'all: Just cannot help myself on this one and I'll clean it up so no one is upset. This guy in DC (how's that?) is not MY PRESIDENT. He may be yours but he is not mine and I will NEVER EVER respect him nor will I ever refer to him by name and I certainly will never refer to him as president; I will still refer to him as the da da da da da (how's that?).
    I hope you're a civilian. Military members have gotten in a lot of trouble in the past for saying stuff like that, and what I've seen lately, is more people getting busted for Facebook/MySpace Photos, Twitter, and online forums.

Take this as an example. I was very cautious about what I said online, before I went to BUD/S, and while I was there. Well my Dad was posting on a forum, mentioned how I was doing at BUD/S, and I guess one of the comments a former BUD/S instructor didn't like, probably about being anti-gun or something. I was called into the office, shown a printout of the conversation, and then I became the instructor's whipping boy for a week. In other cases, a guy from my BUD/S class was dropped for his MySpace photo, and a guy in my A-School was dropped in addition to being severely punished, for mentioning having a fake ID as his status update he THOUGHT were for friend's eyes only.

Hey aresye: I guess you can argue that my comments are "not kind" to the shithead in the whitehouse, but that's about it. I can appreciate an orderly chain of command in the military with this nitwit on the top but I am 68, an old guy who could care less what I call someone and in this case will never refer to him by name or with the moniker of "President". You make a good point about comments on these forums though. Many times I read comments on these forums where posters say, in no uncertain terms, that they would "kill the ******" if he came into my house etc etc or approached me in a menacing manner. I hope these posters realize that their true intent is now out there in the public domain and if, g-d forbid, they are involved in a "what if", these quotes could spell the difference between self defense and outright manslaughter. Calling this disgrace in DC a few unchoice words is a far cry from the methods and lies this shithead and his minions at Acorn and Seiu and in the whitehouse have been using and saying and doing as they lead us down the road to ruin.

I am in a power chair and therefore vulnerable to attacks. My first defense raise my elevating leg rests even to knee caps and swing around in a circle. Now I carry.
    Last edited by Shari; 02-06-2010 at 08:02 AM. Reason: missed spelled word.
    Sharon Schuckman
    Put on the Armor of God. And carry the biggest weapon you have.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey aresye: I guess you can argue that my comments are "not kind" to the shithead in the whitehouse, but that's about it. I can appreciate an orderly chain of command in the military with this nitwit on the top but I am 68, an old guy who could care less what I call someone and in this case will never refer to him by name or with the moniker of "President". You make a good point about comments on these forums though. Many times I read comments on these forums where posters say, in no uncertain terms, that they would "kill the ******" if he came into my house etc etc or approached me in a menacing manner. I hope these posters realize that their true intent is now out there in the public domain and if, g-d forbid, they are involved in a "what if", these quotes could spell the difference between self defense and outright manslaughter. Calling this disgrace in DC a few unchoice words is a far cry from the methods and lies this shithead and his minions at Acorn and Seiu and in the whitehouse have been using and saying and doing as they lead us down the road to ruin.
    i see your point, but i also wonder that if the state we live in requires a permit to carry, wouldnt that be enough to determine our motives? esecially if the state an incident were to occur in has a castle doctrine or stand your ground law. to me it seems that if we choose to carry then our intent is there from a legal standpoint wouldnt it? correct me if im wrong. i often wondered about this myself.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

7. Kelcarry: Good point on this forum from a legal stand point. People should watch out for what they choose to say. As for the president, you've got freedom of speech, so sound off. Us in the military have to be careful what we say across the forums, even about the president, as freedom of speech isn't necessarily as free as we can have as a civilian.

The Dude: Are you saying our good intent is there from a legal standpoint, or that they would see it as bad intent?

Ricbak, No Need to thank me. I appreciate you all letting me be apart of your community. so Thank you.and( Aresye )my hat goes off to you for at least trying to become a navy seal wow, I could of not even made it that far and, no matter what are reasons are for carrying We Do. that shows deadication glad so many of my brothers and sisters in arms are behind me. thanks to all. lets keep our children and, friends and, family safe because we all know the Government Wont...........................
    Last edited by trophyhunter; 02-06-2010 at 11:13 AM. Reason: spelling

no im just wondering if in the court they would make an assumption that we were intending to shoot someone cuz we can legally carry. more or less if we would automatically be looked down upon in the court because of being able to carry. not sure if that helped. lol.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

10. Perhaps if the court you ended up in was extremely biased against guns, in which case, you're probably screwed. For the most part, I don't think this would be the case, especially if the situation was a very clear-cut self-defense act.

Hey Dude: NEVER underestimate what "facts" will come out should you find yourself before a jury for being involved in a "what if". You can always use phrases and words that "couch" your true intent without telling the world on the internet via this forum that you intend to "kill the *******". It may make you feel good but it is being a little reckless with your future freedom and your future fortune, regardless of what you think a state's regs or permissive nature is all about.

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast