What made you decide to carry? - Page 11
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: What made you decide to carry?

I made the decision to get my CC permits back in 2004 after I was robbed in broad daylight by several bgs in New Orleans... with a cop 100 feet off and ignoring the situation...

I refuse to be a victim anymore.

Also, I can't run anymore b/c knee problems...
    - NH (Resident), FL (NR), ME (NR), PA (NR), CT (NR), AZ (NR) PERMIT HOLDER
    (I travel to those states frequently for various reasons)
    http://gunfacts.info/

3. I carry because I can. that and the fact my job takes me all over the US. spend more time in hotels than at home. more than once it has been comforting to know if I needed it, it was there.

I had to get a CCW. In this weird state in order to take my pistol to the range, in an adjoining city, I had to go through the whole process.

I have since found out WI has open carry, but since I am in a power chair my line of defense was to raise my leg rests and turn as fast as I could in circles whacking those in my line of fire in the knees. and then rolling over them. To hard on my chair and on my nerves gun is easier.
    Last edited by Shari; 02-09-2010 at 05:12 PM. Reason: To small of print
    Sharon Schuckman
    Put on the Armor of God. And carry the biggest weapon you have.

I'd sooner be judged by 12, then carried by 6. OK probably 8 as heavy as I am. BUT the main reason, I want the ability to defend myself at anytime I need. I cannot rely on any other individual or government to defend me. AVG RESPONCE TIME TO 911- 10 minutes. AVG RESPONCE TIME TO MY 1911 (45ACP) 2.7 SECONDS. Your choice, your life YOU make the decision.

7. i travel a lot by motorcycle at all hours of the day and would hate to be caught in a situation where i would have to defend myself. carrying now allows me to be more discrete in when and where i travel as well as staying far away from trouble as i can.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Dude: NEVER underestimate what "facts" will come out should you find yourself before a jury for being involved in a "what if". You can always use phrases and words that "couch" your true intent without telling the world on the internet via this forum that you intend to "kill the *******". It may make you feel good but it is being a little reckless with your future freedom and your future fortune, regardless of what you think a state's regs or permissive nature is all about.
    good point.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

9. My wife and I had dinner a restaurant at Trolley Square in Salt Lake City in early Feb, 2007. A few days later a nut came in that mall with a shotgun and killed five before being shot by an off-duty police officer. This opened my eyes about protecting my family. I always carry now.

I decided to carry for several reasons. I am a disabled vet and unable to run or even fight much anymore. I have been robbed at knife point. My home has been burgled. My neighborhood has changedfor the worse - many druggies and dealers. I have a small dog who needs to go out several times a day, even at night. Ane I'll be da**ed if I'll be afraid of any of them or let them rule my life. Situational awareness is good. Avoidance is ok. My Glock .45 is great.

When CCW became the law in SC, my wife and I got our permits, to some extent at least, to make a political statement and support the "movement." Now, the older I get the more vulnerable I feel and the more I carry and encourage my wife to carry.

By avoiding risky environments and maintaining situational awareness, I really do not expect to ever have to use a firearm to defend myself, but I certainly do not ever want to regret being unarmed when I legally could have been armed.

Based on the crime deterrent effect of the possiblity that any citizen may be armed at any time, I believe having the permit and being armed is a small contribution to our society.
    The Founders Got It Right - Back To The Constitution
    NRA (Life) - GOA (Life) - NAGR - GOSC (Life) - GrassRoots GunRights SC

Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast