What made you decide to carry? - Page 4
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you decide to carry?

what made you decide to carry?

been around guns all my life. grew up in rual Arkansas, 13yrs. in the army, i am 54yrs. old,disabled, can't/won't run anymore. granddad told me to always stand your ground or you will be running all your life. 2nd ammendment, proud american,civic duty, criminals have guns,why not me? terrorist ect. ect.

3. I'm not of the distinguished age to use this yet, but I heard

"There comes a time in a mans life when he's too old to bust knuckles, and has to start busting caps"
    lmao.
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

There have been two administrations that have scared me enough to carry; BOTH had/is having tremendous "negative" effects on the economy, BOTH court/courted terrorist & communist nations and BOTH saw/seeing sharp spikes in crime and unemployment.

I lived in an OC state during the Carter administration and NOW I live in a CC state so that's what I do.

Besides those two main reasons; I too am to old to fight and too fat to run.

#1 to that and the wrong person would probably be arrested.

"Too old to run, too young to die and way too pretty to fist fight."

In all seriousness, I grew up in Boston, MA better known as the People's Republik of Massachusetts I has a pistol drawn on me three times. All three times I was under the age of 21 so couldn't even carry. I moved to a free state and never looked back.

7. Quote Originally Posted by hazard123 View Post
    I got too old to fight and too fat to run.
    Im in this group too.

I'm new here, my first post, and this seemed like a good thread to start on. Hey everybody! I live in sunny Florida now, but I grew up in East Tennessee. My dad was 20 years Army so I've always been around guns and have been trained in firearms safety and use since I was about 10 or so. In TN I carried for years illegally. Didn't think much of it at the time, everybody carried guns or kept them in their truck or so forth. We were always hunting some type of game or target shooting or just plinking cans. When I was in my 20s, I was pulled on once and shot at another time when I was not armed and decided to never be in that position again. Granted, I was hanging with a bad crowd at the time, and learned the error of my ways without major incident. It wasn't until I was older that I began to realize I ought to get a carry permit (TN), and now a license (FL) to be legal. After a bad motorcycle accident, in which I sacrificed my leg for my Harley, I took some formal handgun defensive courses. Realizing that I could no longer extract myself from a situation as I used to could, I felt the need to be better trained in the use of my weapons. I cannot recommend this this enough! The training made me more comfortable with my weapon, as well as tactics on how to gain additional time to draw and shoot, situational awareness, shot placement and so forth. If you've ever thought about doing this but haven't, I'd highly suggest it. I plan to take more classes in the future, as well.

I also believe strongly in our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and realize that a right not exercised is a right we will lose. I honestly do not feel we need the states permission to carry, constitutionally, but also understand the need to exercise our rights in lawful fashion. We get wiser as we get older, huh?

I have never had to pull my gun in a self defense situation. I have run off a few trespassers over the years at gunpoint, but it has always been open carry, and mostly long guns, that have helped with that. I hope to never have to need a handgun, but would rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!

So, that's my 2 cents.
    "What country can preserve its liberties if its rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance?"
    Thomas Jefferson - The Tree of Liberty Letter

9. Quote Originally Posted by Roadking View Post
    I'm new here, my first post, and this seemed like a good thread to start on. Hey everybody! I live in sunny Florida now, but I grew up in East Tennessee. My dad was 20 years Army so I've always been around guns and have been trained in firearms safety and use since I was about 10 or so. In TN I carried for years illegally. Didn't think much of it at the time, everybody carried guns or kept them in their truck or so forth. We were always hunting some type of game or target shooting or just plinking cans. When I was in my 20s, I was pulled on once and shot at another time when I was not armed and decided to never be in that position again. Granted, I was hanging with a bad crowd at the time, and learned the error of my ways without major incident. It wasn't until I was older that I began to realize I ought to get a carry permit (TN), and now a license (FL) to be legal. After a bad motorcycle accident, in which I sacrificed my leg for my Harley, I took some formal handgun defensive courses. Realizing that I could no longer extract myself from a situation as I used to could, I felt the need to be better trained in the use of my weapons. I cannot recommend this this enough! The training made me more comfortable with my weapon, as well as tactics on how to gain additional time to draw and shoot, situational awareness, shot placement and so forth. If you've ever thought about doing this but haven't, I'd highly suggest it. I plan to take more classes in the future, as well.

I also believe strongly in our constitutional right to keep and bear arms, and realize that a right not exercised is a right we will lose. I honestly do not feel we need the states permission to carry, constitutionally, but also understand the need to exercise our rights in lawful fashion. We get wiser as we get older, huh?

I have never had to pull my gun in a self defense situation. I have run off a few trespassers over the years at gunpoint, but it has always been open carry, and mostly long guns, that have helped with that. I hope to never have to need a handgun, but would rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!

So, that's my 2 cents.
    Great 1st post. Hope to see more!
    Quick to the gun, Sure of your grip. Quick to the threat, sure of your shot. - Chris Costa

both the world & I are getting worse...

1) The world has more Bad Guys, who are more willing to maim & kill for less & less 'reward'.

2) I'm getting older & slower & don't feel comfortable relying completely on my own unarmed defenses to keep my skin in one piece.

3) If I don't carry a gun for defense, eventually nobody will be allowed to.

PS - I'm new to owning a handgun, fairly new to shooting, & this is my first post.

-

looks like i'm in with a good group of patriots!!!!!

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast