What made you decide to carry? - Page 7
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you decide to carry?

There was a few reasons we (hubby & I) went for ours!
    We ride alot (on a Harley) we've had some really bad encounters with cars/trucks trying to run us down! We aren't out there raising hell! Just riding down the road! We ride a 08 Ultra Classic! Fully Dressed! Can't do much on them! But ride!
    We've had more than a few home invasions,stores being robbed durning the day much more often,car jacking is up!
    The one that did it thou,
    A couple was car jacked back in Jan 07! This was in a decent part of town.They were leaving friends they were in their early 20's!
    They were hurt sooo bad! They never had a chance!
    We (I) drive by that area almost daily.It never leaves my mind!
    With that happening it sealed it! Our classes were set about a month or so later!
    Plus for me being female,I'm small,have health issues,can't physically run away!
    Sceaming just may not do the trick BUT some lead just might!

3. There was an incident some time back involving 3 of St. Louis' Finest Inner City Yoots. I should have shrugged off this mortal coil that morning...
    But... since I'm still here, I would rather hang around a while. And the Constitution says that's okay.

Quote Originally Posted by ClearSightTactical View Post
    There are no right or wrong answers.

What made you choose to carry?
    I grew up in the country and Dad was a hunter. My brothers and I got our first shotgun on our 12th birthday. I owned pistols and rifles when I was in my early 20's and carried a pistol in my trunk when I traveled. A few years ago, after much consideration, I bought a 9mm with the intent of carry and finally got around to taking my class with my son-in-law for my CC permit. My wife does not like guns as she had a husband before me that pointed one at her more than a few times. I was shot at once when I was in my 20's. It is amazing how fast you can move when a gun is pointed at your face. I decided to carry for many of the same reasons already listed. To protect myself and family. I can still run but not very far!

Basically, I carry to increase my chances of successfully defending myself or a third party.

It's weird, I was a Sheriff's Reserve and I could only carry 'on duty'. And when the CCH law in Texas was enacted and I got my license and I could carry any handgun (SA rated) as a private citizen, and when on duty, I carried my duty weapon.

Eventually the Texas Legislature passed a law stating if you are a law enforcement reserve with a
    full Peace Officer license, you are a Peace Officer. So being a reserve, the policy was changed and it gave us the option to carry off duty. The full time paid deputies, by policy, must have their weapon at all times.

I think it's a good move by the State. I like being able to yell, "Freeze, Sheriff's Office!!", rather than "permit holder!! Citizens Arrest!! "

I am also to old to fight and i don't run as fast as i use to,i don't go into troubled areas and i mind my own business. I don't look for trouble, but i hope that trouble doesn't come to me, but if it does in a last resort, i am ready to defend myself and do what ever steps my be needed.

Quote Originally Posted by LDaniel View Post
    I like being able to yell, "Freeze, Sheriff's Office!!", rather than "permit holder!! Citizens Arrest!!"
    We're mostly the same.

I yell, "Cops and nuns get down!"
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

Its not good to bring a knife to a gun fight - besides, living in North Juarez aka El Paso, we are just a short gunshot from
    2600+ murders per year, most with machine guns. I'm feeling just a little less naked with a 45 under my arm.

Quote Originally Posted by smith934 View Post
    Common Sense
    That says it all. Works for me.
    Americas Epitaph
    "Since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, He gave them up to a depraved mind, to do what should not be done"

This is the easiest question I have had to answer in a long time and I can spell my answer in 5 letters-----O-B-A-M-A. Pure and simple. Come Nov 2010, if the elections are clearly a "throw the dems out", and the wussie generals ala Ft. Hood cowtow to the shithead in the whitehouse and his "don't let a crisis go to waste" shithead Rahm Emanuel, and backup a decision to "void" the election because of the "crisis", I want to be able to defend myself before they send me off to a camp in Idaho. Don't laugh--people laughed in Germany in the 30s and Russia in the teens and were led off to slaughter as firearmless sheep. This shithead in the whitehouse scares the living daylights out of me and is hell bent on destroying this country and I will do whatever I can before I become a sheep in a herd. Hope that is a good enough answer for you.

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    This is the easiest question I have had to answer in a long time and I can spell my answer in 5 letters-----O-B-A-M-A. Pure and simple. Come Nov 2010, if the elections are clearly a "throw the dems out", and the wussie generals ala Ft. Hood cowtow to the shithead in the whitehouse and his "don't let a crisis go to waste" shithead Rahm Emanuel, and backup a decision to "void" the election because of the "crisis", I want to be able to defend myself before they send me off to a camp in Idaho. Don't laugh--people laughed in Germany in the 30s and Russia in the teens and were led off to slaughter as firearmless sheep. This shithead in the whitehouse scares the living daylights out of me and is hell bent on destroying this country and I will do whatever I can before I become a sheep in a herd. Hope that is a good enough answer for you.
    Hey, you know what Kelcarry, it's only because you live in America that you can call the President names like that. Don't get me wrong, I'm at the head of the list for the impeachment of President Obama on grounds that he hasn't a clue as to what he's doing. However, I feel we should respect the office he holds. I'm sorry if you don't agree but this is my opinion.

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast