What made you decide to carry? - Page 8
Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you decide to carry?

Sorry Ringo but you need to separate the Office from the man.
    As far as why do I carry? I think the actual reason for me is summed up by>>>>>> " A right not exercised is a right lost!"

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dude View Post
    Hey, you know what Kelcarry, it's only because you live in America that you can call the President names like that. Don't get me wrong, I'm at the head of the list for the impeachment of President Obama on grounds that he hasn't a clue as to what he's doing. However, I feel we should respect the office he holds. I'm sorry if you don't agree but this is my opinion.
    I personally would use even harsher terms, but I try to mind my (cyber) tongue around here. Respect is earned and should not be assumed. I'll just leave it at that.
    The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first. - Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by CapGun View Post
    Sorry Ringo but you need to separate the Office from the man.
    As far as why do I carry? I think the actual reason for me is summed up by>>>>>> " A right not exercised is a right lost!"

Can't separate them. That's why they swear an oath to God and the nation. However, I understand where your coming from, I'm just to old to believe in that kind of thing anymore.
    In America today, it's considered worse to judge evil than to do evil. Never let these Christophobic Liberal Progressive Purveyors of Infanticide & Homosexual Perversion who always manipulate truth to be hate speech set the terms in a debate.

Quote Originally Posted by Desert Dude View Post
    Hey, you know what Kelcarry, it's only because you live in America that you can call the President names like that. Don't get me wrong, I'm at the head of the list for the impeachment of President Obama on grounds that he hasn't a clue as to what he's doing. However, I feel we should respect the office he holds. I'm sorry if you don't agree but this is my opinion.
    Definatly +1 on this, in some countrys you would not have to worry about your handgun permit if you said something like that about the president, if may have ben the last thing you ever able to say, I personaly think he could be doing a bunch better, and dam sure he could be doing worse, because its happened before, everybody pisses and moans about how crappy the pres is doing, he gets voted out, and the next dude is worse or no better

I carry simply because sometimes bad things happen to good people. I try to be prepared for whatever life happens to throw at you, whether good or bad.
    "Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it." -- Mark Twain

Hey Y'all: To those of you who criticized my use of the term "shithead in the whitehouse", it would help if you read this quote correctly and appreciated what is being said and what it means--kindly note that I Never used the word "President" and now that I have used it, kindlly note that it begins with a capital "P"; I also never referred to him by name. This was all on purpose in all my forum writings; this piece of garbage is Not my President, and does Not reflect my respect for the Presidency; he is, was, and always will be the shithead in the whitehouse who is destroying this country. I believe his values and intent are downright dangerous, insidious, and, quite frankly, traitorous and I do not intend to give him an ounce of respect. If spitting in one's face was not assault, I would, in a heartbeat, spit in this shithead's face. I may not have liked President Bush and did not appreciate his lackluster Presidency, but I did respect him as the President. Hopefully, before you wipe the foam off your face because of my apparent indiscretion, you will appreciate my explanation for my apparent, in your mind's eye, discretion. Just sayin. You don't like my explanation--lump it. You pressed my button when you begin to discuss this shithead with any sort of hint of respect.

I'm with you on this, KC. I'm firmly convinced that this "President" is deliberately trying to destroy this country economically for his own nefarious reasons. How else can you explain deficits and debt in the TRILLIONS of dollars? No sane person believes that this is OK and good for the country. Many economists are now coming out to say that we are rushing headlong toward the cliff...

And what, we're supposed to be thankful we can criticize the President without being visited in the middle of the nite by his henchman? Cripes, I hope that's not the new standard by which we measure our "freedom"...

[QUOTE=JJFlash;112391]I'm with you on this, KC. I'm firmly convinced that this "President" is deliberately trying to destroy this country economically for his own nefarious reasons. How else can you explain deficits and debt in the TRILLIONS of dollars? No sane person believes that this is OK and good for the country. Many economists are now coming out to say that we are rushing headlong toward the cliff...

And what, we're supposed to be thankful we can criticize the President without being visited in the middle of the nite by his henchman? Cripes, I hope that's not the new standard by which we measure our "freedom"...[/QUOTE]

Yes JJ, be thankful we still have the 1st Amendment. And I really don't feel the 1st Amendment rights so many Americans have fought and died for is a "new standard".

To me, who did fight for it, it means everything.

Now after saying that.......I'm the first one to want to see this poor excuse of an American (IF, in fact he is)removed from the most powerful office in the world; The President of the United States of America.

[quote=Desert Dude;112403]
    Quote Originally Posted by JJFlash View Post
    I'm with you on this, KC. I'm firmly convinced that this "President" is deliberately trying to destroy this country economically for his own nefarious reasons. How else can you explain deficits and debt in the TRILLIONS of dollars? No sane person believes that this is OK and good for the country. Many economists are now coming out to say that we are rushing headlong toward the cliff...

And what, we're supposed to be thankful we can criticize the President without being visited in the middle of the nite by his henchman? Cripes, I hope that's not the new standard by which we measure our "freedom"...[/QUOTE]

Yes JJ, be thankful we still have the 1st Amendment. And I really don't feel the 1st Amendment rights so many Americans have fought and died for is a "new standard".

To me, who did fight for it, it means everything.

Now after saying that.......I'm the first one to want to see this poor excuse of an American (IF, in fact he is)removed from the most powerful office in the world; The President of the United States of America.
    No offense intended, DD. And I certainly appreciate your service and sacrifice to our country.

Of course, it's not a new standard. I was reading the post as saying that "at least we still can" criticize the president. And, in fact, you just stated that we should be thankful we STILL have the 1st Amendment. It's that mindset that got my attention. Why should I be thankful that we still have it? Thankful to whom? It's in our Constitution...so should I be thankful that "they" have not taken it away?

I'm sure we're both on the same page here, just arguing semantics, maybe...

Yep. We're on the same page JJ. I have noticed that the sheeple don't realize what's going on around them. That is one of the reasons I applied for a CCW permit. I live in California. Our gun laws are somewhat screwed up to say the least. But we are an open carry state and I, a joe blow citizen, was able to get a CCW permit.

I honestly feel all persons able to apply for a permit should do so. We should also excerise our rights (while we still have them) to Open Carry. If our 2nd Amend. rights are not used, we wil loose them.

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast