What made you decide to carry? - Page 9
Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: What made you decide to carry?

Quote Originally Posted by kelcarry View Post
    Hey Y'all: To those of you who criticized my use of the term "shithead in the whitehouse", it would help if you read this quote correctly and appreciated what is being said and what it means--kindly note that I Never used the word "President" and now that I have used it, kindlly note that it begins with a capital "P"; I also never referred to him by name. This was all on purpose in all my forum writings; this piece of garbage is Not my President, and does Not reflect my respect for the Presidency; he is, was, and always will be the shithead in the whitehouse who is destroying this country. I believe his values and intent are downright dangerous, insidious, and, quite frankly, traitorous and I do not intend to give him an ounce of respect. If spitting in one's face was not assault, I would, in a heartbeat, spit in this shithead's face. I may not have liked President Bush and did not appreciate his lackluster Presidency, but I did respect him as the President. Hopefully, before you wipe the foam off your face because of my apparent indiscretion, you will appreciate my explanation for my apparent, in your mind's eye, discretion. Just sayin. You don't like my explanation--lump it. You pressed my button when you begin to discuss this shithead with any sort of hint of respect.
    Thank you Kelcarry . What you said speaks for me as well. Never take criticism in a bad light, always remember...only dead fish go with the flow.
    AMERICA'S EPITAPH
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

Hey Y'all: To those of you who criticized my use of the term "shithead in the whitehouse", it would help if you read this quote correctly and appreciated what is being said and what it means--kindly note that I Never used the word "President" and now that I have used it, kindlly note that it begins with a capital "P"; I also never referred to him by name. This was all on purpose in all my forum writings; this piece of garbage is Not my President, and does Not reflect my respect for the Presidency; he is, was, and always will be the shithead in the whitehouse who is destroying this country. I believe his values and intent are downright dangerous, insidious, and, quite frankly, traitorous and I do not intend to give him an ounce of respect. If spitting in one's face was not assault, I would, in a heartbeat, spit in this shithead's face. I may not have liked President Bush and did not appreciate his lackluster Presidency, but I did respect him as the President. Hopefully, before you wipe the foam off your face because of my apparent indiscretion, you will appreciate my explanation for my apparent, in your mind's eye, discretion. Just sayin. You don't like my explanation--lump it. You pressed my button when you begin to discuss this shithead with any sort of hint of respect.

+ 1

4. After being robbed and sexually assaulted at work and the police taking a hour to show up to a silent alarm and the alarm company calling to ask if we needed help. after that I really got involved in changing Michigan's anti self defense laws.

As I look at my four Young Children and, see this world through their eyes I realized that they are so Innocent . Children only see the good in poeple. But,I know What poeple are really capable of. I want my Children to always feel safe and Most Important To enjoy The life My wife and I gave them. With that beiing said .I Decieded to Carry to insure that no matter where we go I will always give them that Oppertunity It will be a cold day in Hell when I let some dirt bag try to take that away from my Children. I realized that Iam the only source of Protection for my children while we are out and about I will gladly lay my life down defending them. I always make sure Im ready and, Prepared. I pray to god that time never comes but, if it does Iam +1 Thanks for reading my post. God Bless all My Brothers and, Sisters in Arms stay safe......

Quote Originally Posted by guncat View Post
    After being robbed and sexually assaulted at work and the police taking a hour to show up to a silent alarm and the alarm company calling to ask if we needed help. after that I really got involved in changing Michigan's anti self defense laws.
    I am glad to see that you are typing here on this site. Thanks for your Help in Mi.
    Semper Fi

7. I grew up in a very anti-gun family. Both my Mom and Dad hated guns, and even disliked the idea of hunting. In fact, because of that reason, we were vegetarians for awhile, lol!

I remember the few times as I was growing up as a young kid, around 11 or 12, and I started to get a glimpse of how horrible people can be. I remember one time I was watching the news about a father and son who were speeding away from a road-raged individual, who then got out of his car, shot at the car speeding away, and hit the 14yo son in the head, killing him. I was so saddened and horrified by the news report. Not from what transpired, but that the father and mother didn't have their son anymore. Then Columbine happened. Around that same time was the church shooting in TX. Then just a couple years later, 9/11. My teenage years grew up with the violent 1990's, and my young adult life has known nothing but war.

I enlisted in the Navy to become a SEAL. I guess you could say I had the heart, but not the body. I was performance dropped because I couldn't meet the run times, but what I took away from that program was an introduction to the warrior mindset. That perfect blend of professionalism, integrity, fitness, and a love for your family and fellow man. In fact, every aspect of becoming a warrior was embedded in me from the early days in Boy Scouts. Sure a lot of people make fun of others for being in scouts and such, but the program really does take kids, and turn them into men. Not like everybody else in the world that feels the need to blame others, sue, constantly need attention, etc. It was the best program that's ever happened to me.

While I was in BUD/S Dave Grossman came and gave us a seminar about the combat mindset. It was 4+ hours, but I really took a lot away from it. I was especially fascinated by his sheep, wolves, and sheepdogs metaphor. From that point on, I've dedicated my life to developing the warrior mindset. To train myself in every possible aspect, from tricky gun scenarios, to advanced EMT training. I arm myself, with knowledge, preparation, and the tools I need to accomplish whatever mission I may face. Lastly, to keep myself healthy, in a state of wellness, and elite fitness. My vision of a warrior is all that, and still striving for more.

I don't have a wife or kids, but I'm the oldest of 6 brothers and sisters. I shutter to think of any of the horrible things that have happened in the past, happening to them now. Not just for my kids, but for all the families in the world. They're the reason I joined the military in the first place, and let me tell you, there is no better feeling, while your tired, cold, wet, and running on the beach, than to run past a family on the beach, enjoying the sun, watching the kids play in the sand, and knowing that you're running for them. Suddenly the running doesn't hurt so bad.

That love I have for my family, my country, and fellow man, is the reason I chose to pursue a carry permit. It's nice knowing that if the worst comes to worst, I can defend them along with myself, and I train myself every day, first with my mind, and then with my tools. I strive to live by the same words I've known since scouting: Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courteous, Kind, Obedient, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean, and Reverent.

Sorry if this dragged on a bit, but the whole reason behind my choice to carry is a little emotional for me.

RE: Kelcarry's rant about the person occupying the Whitehouse... AMEN!! He ain't MY president either. Didn't vote for him, don't like him, don't respect him, have absolutely no use for him. I consider him as much a disgrace, if not more so, to the office of the Presidency as Clintnut was. He has his own communist agenda, bent on destroying the constitution that this country was founded on. He is a Traitor of the worst kind... one with power, perceived or otherwise. PRAY that the conservatives will gain enough seats in Congress to disable as many of this a-hole's attempts at "change" as possible. There, that's my rant for the day.

Hey Y'all: Just cannot help myself on this one and I'll clean it up so no one is upset. This guy in DC (how's that?) is not MY PRESIDENT. He may be yours but he is not mine and I will NEVER EVER respect him nor will I ever refer to him by name and I certainly will never refer to him as president; I will still refer to him as the da da da da da (how's that?).

Hey Y'all: Just cannot help myself on this one and I'll clean it up so no one is upset. This guy in DC (how's that?) is not MY PRESIDENT. He may be yours but he is not mine and I will NEVER EVER respect him nor will I ever refer to him by name and I certainly will never refer to him as president; I will still refer to him as the da da da da da (how's that?).
    Okay by me.
    AMERICA'S EPITAPH
    Since They Did Not See Fit To Acknowledge God, He Gave Them Up To A Depraved Mind, To Do What Should Not Be Done

When I was about 19, I had a gun stuck in my face during a hold up.

Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast