3-Year-Old Boy Kills Cousin With Cop Dad's Gun

Thread: 3-Year-Old Boy Kills Cousin With Cop Dad's Gun

Unhappy 3-Year-Old Boy Kills Cousin With Cop Dad's Gun

Very tragic.

3-Year-Old Boy Kills Cousin With Cop Dad's Gun - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Thursday, December 31, 2009

* Print
    * ShareThis

RAYVILLE, La. The Richland Parish sheriff says an off-duty policeman's 3-year-old son apparently shot and killed a 3-year-old cousin with his father's gun.

Sheriff Charles McDonald says the children a boy and girl were playing together Thursday when the Rayville police officer went to get something out of his car.

He says the gun was in the driver's side door. The sheriff says the boy picked up the gun and accidentally shot the girl.

McDonald says she died instantly.

He did not release the officer's or the children's names.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Very tragic.

3-Year-Old Boy Kills Cousin With Cop Dad's Gun - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Thursday, December 31, 2009

* Print
    * ShareThis

RAYVILLE, La. The Richland Parish sheriff says an off-duty policeman's 3-year-old son apparently shot and killed a 3-year-old cousin with his father's gun.

Sheriff Charles McDonald says the children a boy and girl were playing together Thursday when the Rayville police officer went to get something out of his car.

He says the gun was in the driver's side door. The sheriff says the boy picked up the gun and accidentally shot the girl.

McDonald says she died instantly.

He did not release the officer's or the children's names.

Probably a "safe action" Glock. No safety, just point and shoot.
    In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Not Good. Not Good at all. What a tragedy.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

what a horrible accident, should not of happen, my prayers r with all the families involved

Agreed. Prayers for al involved, but let's not blame it on the gun. What's a cop doing leaving a loaded firemarm in reach of an unattended 3 year old. He probably feels worst of all and will have to live with his actions the rest of his life.

in '66 a girl in my class was killed by her father, he was a sherriff deputy in DeQueen Ark., he would show her his quick draw each morning before school. but this time he forgot to or thought the gun was unloaded. verry sad

No doubt this was negligence, but I take no pleasure in pointing that out. I wouldn't wish this on anyone. My heart and prayers go out to the family.

Quote Originally Posted by RugerP345 View Post
    Seeing as Glock enjoys a very large percentage of the law enforcement market, you are probably correct. Tragically in this case, the alleged "Glock" pistol did exactly what it was designed to do... point and shoot. They are designed for combat. There is a warning label on the envelope that contains the manual which states "Children are attracted to and can operate firearms"... nuff said!

Quote Originally Posted by RugerP345 View Post
    Of the 7 "Unintentional Gunshot Wounds" at FrontSight, 3 Sigs, 3 1911s, and 1 Glock were the "culprits".

Even the "safe guns" with mechanical safeties and "heavy triggers" can result in NDs.
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

This is yet another vary sad and unnecessary death due to poor gun storage. What in gods name was this guy thinking? Whats worse yet is that he is a Police Officer! When My firearm is out of it's safe it's always a hot gun and ready for action as such when it's out I'm always in condition red the gun never leaves it's holster or my side. If I feel the need to remove it for any reason it goes back in it's safe and the keys stay with me. People say if you teach kids about guns they will not play with them I say why risk it? When they are old enough then start to teach them what a gun is and how to use.

THEY MAY TAKE OUR LIVES BUT THEY'LL NEVER TAKE OUR FREEDOM!!!!!