Spike in Armed Robberies? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

Thread: Spike in Armed Robberies?

  1. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Earning an honest living these days means someone else provides it for you. If you can't get everything you want then take it by force if need be. This must be that hope and change we were promised.
    True, but scary...

  2.   
  3. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by fuhr52 View Post
    Earning an honest living these days means someone else provides it for you. If you can't get everything you want then take it by force if need be. This must be that hope and change we were promised.
    Because the honesty of fine, upstanding, corporate citizens like Enron, WorldCom, WAMU and AIG are what folks should emulate.
    Ken Grubb
    Puyallup, WA

  4. Interesting timing for this post. I was driving to an appointment the other day in Northwest Montana and the lead line on the local news broadcast was "Is Missoula becoming a 'stick-up' town?" The reporter then opened with the fact that there has been a spike in convenience store robberies. Of course I'm sure it is a minimal risk compared with large cities and I suspect it is down-right dangerous for potential robbers in Montana. I can't think of anything more embarassing for a thief than receiving incoming fire from half of the shoppers.

  5. I have noticed this as well with convenience stores, and even small town banks.

    There's a rapper group in local big city here putting out positive messages in their songs....wanna take a guess?
    Stayin in school? Nope
    Don't do drugs? Nope

    "Grind it out" as in , work for a living you deadbeat homies!!

  6. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Cajun Land
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by MONTANA View Post
    Interesting timing for this post. I was driving to an appointment the other day in Northwest Montana and the lead line on the local news broadcast was "Is Missoula becoming a 'stick-up' town?" The reporter then opened with the fact that there has been a spike in convenience store robberies. Of course I'm sure it is a minimal risk compared with large cities and I suspect it is down-right dangerous for potential robbers in Montana. I can't think of anything more embarassing for a thief than receiving incoming fire from half of the shoppers.
    Yeah, My Sister lives in Missoula. I guess there are quite a few guns on hips and concealed on the citizenry there. I think if I was a career robber, I would move to safer turf, like Berkley or San Fransisco or something.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

  7. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911 Headbanger View Post
    Yeah, My Sister lives in Missoula. I guess there are quite a few guns on hips and concealed on the citizenry there. I think if I was a career robber, I would move to safer turf, like Berkley or San Fransisco or something.
    Chicago or D.C. would be safe for bg's. Honest citizens? No.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast