Spike in Armed Robberies?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spike in Armed Robberies?

Spike in Armed Robberies?

Has anyone else noticed a spike in armed robberies? Here on Cape Cod, the local paper is filled with armed robberies of liquor stores, convenience stores and banks. Since just before Christmas there have been 4 armed robberies of banks and 7 convenience / liquor stores, (5 in last two days) here on the Cape. Up in Boston, a convenience store clerk was gunned down after fully cooperating with the armed thug. I'm hoping that these dirtbags end up getting the proverbial dirtnap!

I agree. But I think it's the economy at work...people are unemployed, and overextended financially, and getting desperate. I believe, if things continue this way, that you're seeing the tip of the iceberg.
    NRA Life; GOA Life; CCRKBA Life; Trustee, NJCSD; F&AM: 32 & KT
    The Only Answer to a Bad Guy with a Gun - Is a Good Guy with a Gun!
    When Seconds Count...The Police are only MINUTES Away!

Welcome to the Holiday season. Happens every year. Now that you have higher unemployment and a lousy economy, it just multiplies the situation.
    There's Something Goin' On Here, and it Ain't Funny!!!

The economy is part of the reason. The other thing I would like to know is how many are repeat offenders on early release to make room in over crowded jails? How many were committed by personal legally owned firearms? This information is rarely included in the media report unless it can be twisted to further their anti gun agenda.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Ektarr View Post
    I agree. But I think it's the economy at work...people are unemployed, and overextended financially, and getting desperate. I believe, if things continue this way, that you're seeing the tip of the iceberg.
    Yup.

Yea--it's gotten bad here too.
    A couple weeks ago there were 14 bank robberies in one week.
    LE and bank officials had a meeting to try to figure out how to stop this and during the meeting 3 more banks were robbed.
    Sign of the times I'm afraid

Quote Originally Posted by murph50 View Post
    ...during the meeting 3 more banks were robbed.

lmfao

In the beginning, the patriot is a scarce man -- brave, hated, and scorned. But when his cause succeeds, the timid join him. For then, it costs nothing to be a patriot. -- Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by murph50 View Post
    Yea--it's gotten bad here too.
    A couple weeks ago there were 14 bank robberies in one week.
    LE and bank officials had a meeting to try to figure out how to stop this and during the meeting 3 more banks were robbed.
    Sign of the times I'm afraid
    Too right...I agree with you.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

What ever happened to "earning" an honest living?

Earning an honest living these days means someone else provides it for you. If you can't get everything you want then take it by force if need be. This must be that hope and change we were promised.
    "You can get a lot accomplished if you don't care who gets the credit" - Ronald Reagan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast